Keyword

Category Listing

• Mark Banks
  • Mark Banks's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 10 months ago #68850 by Mark Banks
Category Listing was created by Mark Banks
Under category listing view - items are listed okay - but no links visible to go to item detail page - can the item title be made a trigger?
Where can this be applied?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #68851 by Raphael Abramov
Replied by Raphael Abramov on topic Category Listing
Hi! The links of items is visible if you set the parametr: Show item 'read more...' link to "NO" in Item view options in category listings.

• Christopher S. Bryant
More
14 years 9 months ago #68852 by Christopher S. Bryant
Replied by Christopher S. Bryant on topic Category Listing
I set my read more... link to no, in item view options in cat. but the title still isn't linkable

Raphael Abramov said:Hi! The links of items is visible if you set the parametr: Show item 'read more...' link to "NO" in Item view options in category listings.

More
14 years 9 months ago #68853 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Category Listing
Hi. In order to have the read more link you should enable it in the params and the item must have full text not just intro text.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
14 years 8 months ago #68854 by pabs11
Replied by pabs11 on topic Category Listing
Hi

I'm after this setting as well - it works in the demo I see. But I haven't found the combination of settings to make it work in mine, with only two test items, as yet.

The category listings view page displays, with the subcategories, and item counters displaying the two test items, but none of them ( ie the catgeories titles are active links.

Anyone ?

thanks, P

More
14 years 8 months ago #68855 by pabs11
hmmm...My sub category titles have images that dusplay as per the setting, and are linked, but the titles alongside the images are not, and do not link with or without images.

I cannot see in parameters for categories where " link to title ' is ? I can link to image gallery, video and comment form, but no option for link to title. I'm using build 701. What build are you using ?

thanks, P

Sebastian van Greunen said:I also had a problem linking to subcategory titles. It seems you have to show an image (which is linkable). For some reason my images do not show though. Only the linkable text. I hope this makes sense.
@mark banks - Have you set 'link on title' to show. My setting have read more on and the title are linkable.

More
14 years 8 months ago #68856 by pabs11
hi again,
Just wondeing where 'link on title' is found, as I can't see it...I can see link to other things, but not to title.
P

Sebastian van Greunen said:I also had a problem linking to subcategory titles. It seems you have to show an image (which is linkable). For some reason my images do not show though. Only the linkable text. I hope this makes sense.
@mark banks - Have you set 'link on title' to show. My setting have read more on and the title are linkable.

More
14 years 8 months ago #68857 by pabs11
The solution ( if this is what you want ). This will make your subcategory titles in the subcategory block, links, if you're using the default template in your site. ( I'm still using version 701 btw - not the current 806 upgrade, but it may be the same )

1. Go to your site via ftp, make a backup of yoursite.com/components/com_k2/templates/default/category.php in case something goes wrong.

2. Around line 71 ( I use the free notepad++ editor ), in category.php and under '<---Subcategory title-->' ,

you should see

and replace with

link;?>">

If you want to then change the font size of the titles, you have to go to

yousite.com/components/com_k2/css/style.css

and look for around line 331

div.itemListCategoryBlock h2.itemListCategoryTitle a {font-family:Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;font-size:20px;}

and change the 'font-size:20px' to whatever font-size you want.

It worked for me, and I'm just a cut and paster, but make backups of any files you customise, first, always.

Hope it works for you, P

More
14 years 8 months ago #68858 by pabs11
If someone could tell me how to place code text in a forum post here, I could put the rest of the info in for the post above here.

The forum is preventing me from posting the code - how do I place code in a post ( the code has a link in it too, by the way ) Sorry guys - the solution does work , I just can't get the forum post to accept it

P

pabs said:The solution ( if this is what you want ). This will make your subcategory titles in the subcategory block, links, if you're using the default template in your site. ( I'm still using version 701 btw - not the current 806 upgrade, but it may be the same )
1. Go to your site via ftp, make a backup of yoursite.com/components/com_k2/templates/default/category.php in case something goes wrong.

2. Around line 71 ( I use the free notepad++ editor ), in category.php and under '<---Subcategory title-->' ,

you should see

and replace with

link;?>">

div.itemListCategoryBlock h2.itemListCategoryTitle a {font-family:Georgia, "Times New Roman", Times, serif;font-size:20px;}

It worked for me, and I'm just a cut and paster, but make backups of any files you customise, first, always.

Hope it works for you, P

More
14 years 8 months ago #68859 by pabs11
link;?>">
and add this to the end of the above, to make it one piece of code

pabs said:If someone could tell me how to place code text in a forum post here, I could put the rest of the info in for the post above here.
The forum is preventing me from posting the code - how do I place code in a post ( the code has a link in it too, by the way ) Sorry guys - the solution does work , I just can't get the forum post to accept it

P

pabs said:The solution ( if this is what you want ). This will make your subcategory titles in the subcategory block, links, if you're using the default template in your site. ( I'm still using version 701 btw - not the current 806 upgrade, but it may be the same ) 1. Go to your site via ftp, make a backup of yoursite.com/components/com_k2/templates/default/category.php in case something goes wrong.

you should see

and replace with

link;?>">

Hope it works for you, P