Keyword

Category Listing

More
14 years 8 months ago #68860 by pabs11
Replied by pabs11 on topic Category Listing
May I also suggest to the forum admins that they change the settings and permissions of this forum so that you can delete a post if you've written it, give it a time limit if you want, and also so that code with a link in it can be posted.

I can't post the code I want to, above. Perhaps there is a way to do it that I don't know though....

P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #68861 by pabs11
Ok, I've tried rewriting and copying fully, with the missing bits, the above attempted offering into a text file and uploading it - hopefully it'll upload....

The file is called subcategoryTitles_make_linkable.txt.

Here goes....

More
14 years 8 months ago #68862 by pabs11
OK, made an upload error ( it shouldn't be this hard )

The correct txt file should be attached here now

pabs said:Ok, I've tried rewriting and copying fully, with the missing bits, the above attempted offering into a text file and uploading it - hopefully it'll upload....
The file is called subcategoryTitles_make_linkable.txt.

Here goes....

More
14 years 8 months ago #68863 by pabs11
For cryin out loud, even if you've just posted something, you can't edit the post with an updated attachment, so sorry about all these posts, but here's the txt file with the info ( hopefully )

P
Attachments:

More
14 years 8 months ago #68864 by pabs11
Hi sebastian

Thanks for getting back to me.

In my parameters for categories that option does not exist. I haven't upgraded from 701 to 806 yet though - what version are you using ?

I've attached a screenshot of my parameters showing no option that you mention.

paul

Sebastian van Greunen said:Sorry, I have been away from my machine for a while, but it seems you have found a 'coded' solution. Anyway the 'link to title' is found inthe settings under any categroy that you click (on the righ of the screen). Look under 'item view options in categroy mode' second option down.
sebastian
Attachments:

More
14 years 8 months ago #68865 by pabs11
The link to title option exists in the joomla content manager, but not the K2 options. Are you referring to that ? but that doesn't control the items and categories made inside K2 though....P

More
14 years 7 months ago #68866 by Wikus du Plessis
Replied by Wikus du Plessis on topic Category Listing
Thank you so much Pabs. The forum is a nightmare and I've been pulling my hair out to get a solution to this. Why the option to link titles isn't included with the component is beyond me but this has worked for me.

Wish the actual developers of this component could be a bit more "supportive".

pabs said:For cryin out loud, even if you've just posted something, you can't edit the post with an updated attachment, so sorry about all these posts, but here's the txt file with the info ( hopefully )
P

More
14 years 7 months ago #68867 by pabs11
hi wikus,

Glad it helped.

Since posting that however, I discovered after updating to vers 806 ( I had 701) the titles are indeed linked in the parameter options. But, in 806 I wasn't able to do some other things that I could do easily in 701, so I uninstalled 806 and went back to 701, at least until a few upgrades down the road I think. There are quite a few issues with K2 yet I think.

I also found that readmore/pagebreak didn't work (in 701 anyway ) - in fact it breaks the code entirely and messes up the page a lot. The workaround is to add a readmore point at the end of an article, which doesn't create a pagebreak, but it DOES create linked titles in the 'item view in category listing' parameters !! Go figure....

I also I couldn't get any kind of pagination working at all - the pagination parameters don't work, and the readmore point didn't work ( this is 701, which I'm using till a better upgrade than 806 ( no offence guys ) arrives I think ). Don't know if pagination works with comments yet, but I suspect not. I'm looking at using jomcomments or similar to atleast get some pagination happening.

In fact I think, if it's possible, they should release a pagination patch asap, it's really quite an important functionality.

good luck, P

Wikus du Plessis said:Thank you so much Pabs. The forum is a nightmare and I've been pulling my hair out to get a solution to this. Why the option to link titles isn't included with the component is beyond me but this has worked for me.
Wish the actual developers of this component could be a bit more "supportive".

pabs said:For cryin out loud, even if you've just posted something, you can't edit the post with an updated attachment, so sorry about all these posts, but here's the txt file with the info ( hopefully ) P

More
14 years 7 months ago #68868 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Category Listing
Hi. The readmore button works fine and you should not have any problem with this. The pagebreak button is disabled when you edit an item. Pagination is available in item listings and in comments but it depends on the params. These apply to the latest version....

pabs said:hi wikus,
Glad it helped.

Since posting that however, I discovered after updating to vers 806 ( I had 701) the titles are indeed linked in the parameter options. But, in 806 I wasn't able to do some other things that I could do easily in 701, so I uninstalled 806 and went back to 701, at least until a few upgrades down the road I think. There are quite a few issues with K2 yet I think.

I also found that readmore/pagebreak didn't work (in 701 anyway ) - in fact it breaks the code entirely and messes up the page a lot. The workaround is to add a readmore point at the end of an article, which doesn't create a pagebreak, but it DOES create linked titles in the 'item view in category listing' parameters !! Go figure....

I also I couldn't get any kind of pagination working at all - the pagination parameters don't work, and the readmore point didn't work ( this is 701, which I'm using till a better upgrade than 806 ( no offence guys ) arrives I think ). Don't know if pagination works with comments yet, but I suspect not. I'm looking at using jomcomments or similar to atleast get some pagination happening.

In fact I think, if it's possible, they should release a pagination patch asap, it's really quite an important functionality.

good luck, P

Wikus du Plessis said:Thank you so much Pabs. The forum is a nightmare and I've been pulling my hair out to get a solution to this. Why the option to link titles isn't included with the component is beyond me but this has worked for me. Wish the actual developers of this component could be a bit more "supportive".

pabs said:For cryin out loud, even if you've just posted something, you can't edit the post with an updated attachment, so sorry about all these posts, but here's the txt file with the info ( hopefully ) P

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)