Keyword

k2 content mod and module positions

• bunglehaze
  • bunglehaze's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 10 months ago #68898 by bunglehaze
k2 content mod and module positions was created by bunglehaze
Hi, I have found another potential issue that may be an easy fix. If you setup the k2 content module to display stories on say the frontpage as I have each article links to I guess a blog layout - the issue here though is that it then breaks the page format of left and right columns/navigation etc because of the url it produces.

For my main use of k2 I have set it up at

www.bikechatter.co.uk/articles.html

if I follow the articles from there they are displayed correctly with columns in tact and most importantly advert positions, the reason I have it setup this way is to remove the category and sub category information/images from the frontpage of the site but retain the stories, I need to figure out though if there is a way to fix this or just have k2 redirect the article to the same URL already being used elsewhere.

leigh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #68899 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic k2 content mod and module positions
Hi. I think this has to do with your template and not with K2. If you have published the modules in specific pages then it will be displayed only in those pages.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• bunglehaze
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 10 months ago #68900 by bunglehaze
Replied by bunglehaze on topic k2 content mod and module positions
This is not the template, I had a similar issue with a different component I no longer use when J1.5 first was released.

Also it is not the module that is not displaying but the article links - from the menu k2 is /articles/item... but from the frontpage the articles go to /content/items/... and if I click on an image they go to /media/items/... 3 different urls for the same article and no way to control the page layout for all 3.

leigh

More
14 years 8 months ago #68901 by daz
Replied by daz on topic k2 content mod and module positions
Hi

How did you publish to the main content area?

Thanks

Daz

bunglehaze said:This is not the template, I had a similar issue with a different component I no longer use when J1.5 first was released.
Also it is not the module that is not displaying but the article links - from the menu k2 is /articles/item... but from the frontpage the articles go to /content/items/... and if I click on an image they go to /media/items/... 3 different urls for the same article and no way to control the page layout for all 3.

leigh

• bunglehaze
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 8 months ago #68902 by bunglehaze
Replied by bunglehaze on topic k2 content mod and module positions
Daz, I chose the just have it in a module position already setup on the frontpage but you can create one in your template easily enough with a little php/html and css