Keyword

Categories won't delete

• Different Color
  • Different Color's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 9 months ago #69131 by Different Color
Categories won't delete was created by Different Color
I'm working off a fresh install of Joomla 1.5.12 and no K2 at this point.

Last week I was playing around with a brand new website (no real content yet) and trying the K2 v2. I think it's going to be perfect for my needs! But I was having serious problems with the categories.

I had Joomla sample data installed (and moved over to K2). I could not seem to delete them - I tried to delete them everywhere, from the Joomla Content side, from K2 trash, cleared and purged all caches, etc... at one point they seemed to be deleted but I still had them referenced in the 'drop-down' for selecting a category for my Item.

I kept getting a DELCATERROR (if I recall).

When I uninstalled all the K2 stuff my site broke (as I noticed has happened to some other people). Since I haven't put any time into this site yet, I just re-built it from scratch and left out all the Joomla sample data so I didn't have to mess with deleting it later.

Will the new K2 v2 FINAL be released shortly? Will it address these problems with deleteing categories? I've seem some other people having category management problems.

If not, is the v1 stable to use and should I go with that for the indefinite future while I begin developing my site?

martha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #69132 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Categories won't delete
Hi. If you are getting an error when you try to delete a category, please make sure that the category contains no items. Also if you want to experiment more with the current version, please remember before uninstalling the component to uninstall the system plugin k2_joomfish. This is the reason your site broke. Of course this is fixed in v2 final.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Different Color
  • Different Color's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 9 months ago #69133 by Different Color
Replied by Different Color on topic Categories won't delete
I did delete all the items from my entire site... in every place I could find mention of them. I also deleted all my menu items just in case. I deleted the items from K2 and the Articles from Joomla. But I still had like 10 categories with sub-categories hanging around, refusing to be deleted.

Not sure if this 'bug' is a moot point and going to be fixed anyway. Like I said, I don't need to fix it at this point since I have time to wait for the final version. Assuming it's coming shortly? I just would rather not deal with it in the final release! :)

More
14 years 9 months ago #69134 by Chris Bergman
Replied by Chris Bergman on topic Categories won't delete
I have this issue too: categories which have contained items (but are now empty) and which have been published (but now aren't) still couldn't be deleted (CATDELETEERROR). What seemed to be the problem is that there was an item in the trash which still was published...

Furthermore the link to Item trash on the dashboard didn't seem to work, however replacing '&filter_view=0' by '&filter_trash=1' seemed to present the correct screen.

After unpublishing the trashed items and deleting them, the trashed and unpublished category could be deleted. All was fine then...

Hoping to see a fix and more 'friendly' error report soon :)