Keyword

Your Demo : categories are displayed with the text and photo.

• Pino Carlucci
  • Pino Carlucci's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 9 months ago #69141 by Pino Carlucci
On the home page of your demo categories are displayed with the text and photo.
I do not know how you did. You could tell with what you have achieved?
Of course it would be easier if we could access the backend of your demo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #69142 by boluak
The present K2 v2.0.0 Build 20090701 (pre-release) doesn't seem to be enabled to do this... Unless hidden somewhere i havnt found yet) but the option is available in the v1.0.2 Beta release (@joolaworks -Evangelou- hopefuly it will be restored in the final release of v2.) you could do it by using the create new menu link, in the Menu Item Manager => k2 =>Default (Frontpage) Layout (dont forget to add the category descriptions while crating categories)

More
14 years 9 months ago #69143 by bunglehaze
@akin ? Seriously ?

The home page can have both text and image combined, you set this up in the category menu with the first set of settings in category view.

Show category title No Yes
Show item counter next to the category title No Yes
Show category description No Yes
Show category image No Yes
Show category RSS feed link No Yes
Show also child's categories items No Yes

Enable sub-categories block No Yes
Columns
Sub-category ordering

Show sub-category title No Yes
Show item counter next to the sub-category title No Yes
Show sub-category description No Yes
Show sub-category image No Yes

Those control your primary category and sub category layouts for images and text

My site is setup using K2 v2.0.0 Build 20090701 (pre-release) and while I have chosen to not include the text on the bike models section I can assure you that it works fine when I do (I had it displayed that way earlier)

www.bikechatter.co.uk

leigh

More
14 years 9 months ago #69144 by boluak
@Leigh.. bunglehaze
Did you see the layout of the demosite frontpage? it has the categories listed with a few text and images..... If you could duplicate that in K2 v2, I would be glad to learn how you did it, because its really cool and I'll love it. I checked out your site by the way.
Futhermore, I have K2 v2.0.0 Build 20090701 (pre-release) as well as K2 v1.0.2 Beta installed in a test environment and have worked on the two firsthand.

More
14 years 9 months ago #69145 by bunglehaze
akin, as I posted above that is hwo you do it. the only difference is that now K2 v2.0 does not have the individual box around each category in the same style, let me go and make you a category on my site and I will link you it so you can see it is possible, If you follow my last post and fiddle around with the category settings as i have posted.

Try this link: www.bikechatter.co.uk/k2.html

leigh

More
14 years 9 months ago #69146 by boluak
Thanks for taking the time to do this.... the problem obviously then is that its a lot of steps and as you mentioned, probably changes need to be done to the syling (CSS?).
In K2 v1, its very much simpler and nicer looking.
Another thing I would like to do which I havnt found a way of doing yet is to enable posting from the frontend similar to the Joomla! link: "submit article" thats what's stopping me from deploying K2 rightaway because the site I was to use it on has multiple editors/publishers who doesnt have backend access.
do you have any ideas in this area?

More
14 years 9 months ago #69147 by bunglehaze
Akin, yes there are a few steps involved and there are also a few annoying issues for the K2 devs to still work out with category parameters not being inherited but its fully workable if you take the time.

For the submit article link you need to publish the k2 login module and it is on there - you could also take the link and put it in a lightbox style popup if you have the knowhow.

cheers

leigh :D