Keyword

How to create a new category?

• Harald Bendschneider
  • Harald Bendschneider's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #69382 by Harald Bendschneider
How to create a new category? was created by Harald Bendschneider
This error appears when I try to create a new category:

tablek2category::store failed - Table 'NAME_OF_THE_DATABASE.jos_k2_categories' doesn't exist SQL=INSERT INTO `jos_k2_categories` ( `id`,`name`,`alias`,`description`,`parent`,`extraFieldsGroup`,`published`,`access`,`ordering`,`params` ) VALUES ( '','1','1','','0','0','0','0','','inheritFrom=0\nnum_leading_items=1\nnum_leading_columns=1\nleadingImgSize=Large\nnum_primary_items=2\nnum_primary_columns=2\nprimaryImgSize=Medium\nnum_secondary_items=4\nnum_secondary_columns=1\nsecondaryImgSize=Small\nnum_links=8\nnum_links_columns=2\nlinksImgSize=XSmall\ncatFeaturedItems=1\ncatOrdering=\ncatPagination=2\ncatPaginationResults=1\ntheme=\ncatTitle=1\ncatTitleItemCounter=1\ncatDescription=1\ncatImage=1\ncatFeedLink=1\ncatChildItems=1\nsubCategories=1\nsubCatColumns=2\nsubCatOrdering=\nsubCatTitle=1\nsubCatTitleItemCounter=1\nsubCatDescription=1\nsubCatImage=1\nitemImageXS=100\nitemImageS=200\nitemImageM=400\nitemImageL=600\nitemImageXL=800\nitemImageDefault=0\ncatItemTitle=1\ncatItemFeaturedNotice=1\ncatItemAuthor=1\ncatItemDateCreated=1\ncatItemRating=1\ncatItemImage=1\ncatItemIntroText=1\ncatItemIntroTextWordLimit=\ncatItemExtraFields=1\ncatItemCategory=1\ncatItemTags=1\ncatItemAttachments=1\ncatItemAttachmentsCounter=1\ncatItemVideo=1\ncatItemImageGallery=1\ncatItemDateModified=1\ncatItemReadMore=1\ncatItemCommentsAnchor=1\ncatItemK2Plugins=1\nitemDateCreated=1\nitemTitle=1\nitemFeaturedNotice=1\nitemAuthor=1\nitemFontResizer=1\nitemPrintButton=1\nitemEmailButton=1\nitemSocialButton=1\nitemVideoAnchor=1\nitemImageGalleryAnchor=1\nitemCommentsAnchor=1\nitemRating=1\nitemImage=1\nitemImgSize=Large\nitemImageMainCaption=1\nitemImageMainCredits=1\nitemIntroText=1\nitemFullText=1\nitemExtraFields=1\nitemHits=1\nitemTwitterLink=1\nitemDateModified=1\nitemAuthorBlock=1\nitemAuthorImage=1\nitemAuthorDescription=1\nitemAuthorURL=1\nitemAuthorEmail=1\nitemAuthorLatest=1\nitemAuthorLatestLimit=5\nitemRelated=1\nitemRelatedLimit=5\nitemCategory=1\nitemTags=1\nitemShareLinks=1\nitemAttachments=1\nitemAttachmentsCounter=1\nitemVideo=1\nitemVideoCaption=1\nitemVideoCredits=1\nitemImageGallery=1\nitemNavigation=1\nitemComments=1\nitemMetaDescription=1\nitemMetaKeywords=1\nitemMetaRobots=1\nitemMetaAuthor=1\nitemK2Plugins=1\n\n' )

When I create a new item I must select a category. But no selection is possible.

I have asked 1&1 if they have PHP5, they told me to rename all php-files of a component in php5. Then they will be handled as PHP5-files...
Is it a bug or can I do something to create a new category?

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #69383 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic How to create a new category?
Hi. Try to reinstall the component as it seems that something went wrong during the installation. Please remember to first uninstall or disable the k2_joomfish plugin as if you don't it will broke your site. Also DO NOT rename any files of the component as it wll broke.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
14 years 8 months ago #69384 by Kevin Druff
Replied by Kevin Druff on topic How to create a new category?
I get this same error on 2 different servers. I logged in via PHPMyAdmin and noticed that the tables were not created. Server details:

1: PHP 4.3.11 & MySQL 3.23.58 (Old, I know)
2: PHP 4.3.11 & MySQL 4.0.27