Keyword

K2 user group restrictions working in back-end

• CZBios
  • CZBios's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 9 months ago #69524 by CZBios
Today i found out that K2 groups restrictons doesnt work in back-end administration. That was disappointment for me, because front-end isnt back-end. I explain that.

I need multi-user editors system for administrating content of my page, but not all components has front-end interface.

In combination with ACL components like Community ACL 1.5 from CorePHP can admin build up the back-end user interface without limitations.

In Community ACL 1.5 i can set to user different menus, sections, categorys and than in K2 component i can set details of adding items and other contents.

This hole concept has very wide application in many ways.

I dont know if its hard to implement, but if you have scripts to restrict users in front-end, would be not easy to implement in back-end?

Honestly, i can say that, extended versions of K2 could be charged. I will pay for it!

Do you think you can at lest think about it to final version? Please, answer would be appreciated.

Thank you very much! With best regards Marek Tesař

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #69525 by Johan Nobel
Replied by Johan Nobel on topic K2 user group restrictions working in back-end
Hi there,

I also think it would be very useful to be able to set category restrictions for backend users.
The site I'm working on uses K2 to present a project portfolio with many subcategories as well as a Vacancy "database" with multiple categories.
While one group of users maintains the regular content and the projects portfolio, another group maintains the vacancies categories.
I would like to be able to assign access for these groups so that they can only edit and add items in their own categories. This is of course possible for the frontend using user groups, BUT ...

This is a multi lingual site, so I have to use joomfish in combination with K2.
Since running Joomfish causes K2 to disable front-end editing, the option of restricting user access to certain categories through the front-end will not work for me. I had to give both user groups backend access.

For these cases I think it would be very useful to be able to restrict access to certain categories in the backend as well.

Anyway, thanks for K2, i think it is very powerful and a great (well written) component.

Keep up the good work!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.