IMPORTANT MESSAGE REGARDING THE FORUM

As you may already know, the JoomlaWorks Forum is powered by Kunena (the only decent forum component for Joomla).

Unfortunately, the latest update for Kunena has seemingly broken all code snippets (old and new) in the forum.

Until this message is removed, please paste any code as regular text - in other words, don't use the [code]...[/code] tags in Kunena's post editor.

Keyword

A few Questions to the Developers

• Benjamin Weigl
  • Benjamin Weigl's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 6 months ago #69581 by Benjamin Weigl
A few Questions to the Developers was created by Benjamin Weigl
I've a few Questions about the K2 CCK. I dont understand why you guys give the Frontend Developers so much power and dont care about things, we need every day.

Example:
- i can put a lot of new Fields to my content, thats great - we've been looking for that, since we hear from Drupals CCK
- but: could you explain why there is not any Function who could use this Power of new fields ?

- i cant create a Module with the latest articles, witch is showing some of the new Field values
- i cant create a simple Category List with the new Field values and a pagination
- etc. etc. etc.

Dont missunderstand me. I m really happy if guys like you care about the wishes, wich are ignored by the Joomla Dev-Team. But more functionality should be also usable.

CCK for Drupal is "nothing" without the views Module, wich granted the Output on Blocks. Now we have 5 or 6 Components for Joomla wich granted CCK for the Content, but not one of them gives us the chance to output the Articles as Modules or Overviews in a simple way.

Cheers Ben

PS: and PLEASE: dont put Ajax/JS, tables or CSS into the *body*, thats so much work to fix it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.