Keyword

k2 categories layout question

• Toyce Francis
  • Toyce Francis's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #69864 by Toyce Francis
k2 categories layout question was created by Toyce Francis
How do I use the categories layout without the big huge category links and images that appear up top. I can't find an option to hide the images or the category links.

I just want the article intros from the selected categories to appear on the page in one column, one after the other. It sounds simple... but apparently its not.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #69865 by Mak Yiu Wah
Replied by Mak Yiu Wah on topic k2 categories layout question
Go to K2->category-> select your category-> edit parameters on the right hand side, especially Category view options & Item view options in category listings

Seth

• Toyce Francis
More
14 years 8 months ago #69866 by Toyce Francis
Replied by Toyce Francis on topic k2 categories layout question
wow... that was easy. I knew it would be a simple answer that I was missing... lol I was able to delete the category listings, but now I have an empty box. Even without showing the categories, the box doesn't disappear? Will I have to comment out the box in the CSS?

Seth Mak said:Go to K2->category-> select your category-> edit parameters on the right hand side, especially Category view options & Item view options in category listings
Seth

More
14 years 7 months ago #69867 by Wesley Phibbs
Replied by Wesley Phibbs on topic k2 categories layout question
I cant hide anything either, changed the view settings in catagories and in the item, still shows who its created by, the title, date etc.

• Toyce Francis
More
14 years 7 months ago #69868 by Toyce Francis
Replied by Toyce Francis on topic k2 categories layout question
I am back... still working on a categories layout question...

I have the JA Quartz template from joomlart that resizes the first image in an article, and adds a css border with the intro text on the homepage, but shows the full sized image on the 'full text' page.

Can I set K2 to automatically resize images in the category view like that? Is there something that I am missing? I see the image sizes in the global configuration page... but nothing seems to change no matter what the settings on that page are...