Keyword

Place tags in own category lists

• Craig Hopkins
  • Craig Hopkins's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 9 months ago #69917 by Craig Hopkins
Place tags in own category lists was created by Craig Hopkins
It would be great if you could specify a category for your tags. My site has or will have many subjects and hundreds of tags associated with subject category and sub-categories. At the minute I have the add tag to article list mounting up to become too large for members to really benefit from using and feel they will only add the first few tags not directly associated with the subject matter.

Is there a way to do this and i have missed that part or has that ability not been added to K2.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Esther Rodríguez Fuldauer
More
14 years 7 months ago #69918 by Esther Rodríguez Fuldauer
Replied by Esther Rodríguez Fuldauer on topic Place tags in own category lists
Hi,

I'll second that request.

If you are using K2 for different uses in your website you can't use the same tags.
Categories for tags are needed as there are in K2 Categories.

Thanks

More
14 years 7 months ago #69919 by Alien
Replied by Alien on topic Place tags in own category lists
I agree!!!

Categorizing the tags is needed. Also Tags should not be added to categories, they shoulb be assigned instead. I mean, tags would be assigned to more than one category. one to many structre...

• Craig Hopkins
  • Craig Hopkins's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #69920 by Craig Hopkins
Replied by Craig Hopkins on topic Place tags in own category lists
I'm happy you both understood what I was explaining. At the minute on my site I have 7 main categories and about 42 sub-categories assigned to the 7 top main content level categories. All these categories are not related and would not have anything in common really with each other, so obviously my Home - Gardening - DIY categories would not have anything familiar with the Computing - Internet categories, but the tag list show every tag for every category I have added which over time will build up and have a negative effect and members would be put off using the tags because of the irrelevant not associated tags on the list and means they would have to look through a long list to find the required tags which I feel will alienate some members from using the excellent tag feature. If your site only requires a few tags because your content does not involve a wide spectrum of subjects and different interests then the present tag feature is sufficient.

Hope this feature can be added to K2 to make it even better for those who require their site to provide a vast directory of unrelated subject matter and only have the tags shown for the categories in question.