Keyword

K2 Content Module Filter by Tags

• Krista
  • Krista's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #70269 by Krista
K2 Content Module Filter by Tags was created by Krista
Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone would know how to add the following functionality to the K2 Content Module:

I would like to be able to show (filter) items by their tag rather than their category. This way I could display a list of items tagged with "humor" for example even if they exist in their own designated categories "article" "blog" etc.

Has anyone done this or have any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #70270 by Bryan Smith
Replied by Bryan Smith on topic K2 Content Module Filter by Tags
make a k2 menu item to "tag"

then you can link to it from elsewhere if you're using something like JCE that allows you to link to a menu link.

I haven't quite figured out the return order of these pages though. Would be nice to control that a bit.

• Krista
  • Krista's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #70271 by Krista
Replied by Krista on topic K2 Content Module Filter by Tags
Thanks for the reply Lownotes!

What I really want though is the module, displaying articles by tag like it would for a category. Specifically, I want several modules, each with a different tag filter set, and then I want to load each of them into a tab so that when you go to the home page you see a series of tabs, with a tag name on each, which loads the article snapshots displayed in the module. I tried loading the modules into RokTabs, and that would work beautifully for me if I could just figure out how to filter the module display by tags instead of categories.

It is nice to know you can link to tags from a menu item though - that's a welcome feature.

More
14 years 8 months ago #70272 by Bryan Smith
Replied by Bryan Smith on topic K2 Content Module Filter by Tags
well if your "tabs" are menu items, then aren't you almost getting the same thing.

not really, but almost. certainly not roktabs

I want what you want too! more filters and modules

More
14 years 7 months ago #70273 by bkemler
Replied by bkemler on topic K2 Content Module Filter by Tags
I would also like this functionality. I'm going to post it as a feature request.

More
14 years 5 months ago #70274 by CZBios
Replied by CZBios on topic K2 Content Module Filter by Tags
I managed alter files of mod_K2_tools, where i used the calendar functionality for quick edit. Thats mean that i deleted calendar funcionality and replace by Tags filtering.

Into xml file i put parametr text, so i can from module manager change tags, which i want to be filtering. Sofar working very well.

I post zip archive, which is mod_K2_tools from Joomla!.
Attachments: