Keyword

How to Translate everything to Swedish? Some help needed!

• M Jonasson
  • M Jonasson's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #70637 by M Jonasson
Hi there..

Maybe i should post in the Translation Category but i move it there if i manage to translate it ;)

How do i translate EVERYTHING in K2 to Swedish language? Which files do i have to open up to translate all modules and the component front/backend ? Any hidden strings in some files somewhere or is everything in one big language file?

Please help out ;)

Thanks,
Mats

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #70638 by Erebrum
Hi
when you install K2 look in your Joomla en-GB language folder there you will find:
en-GB.com_k2.ini
en-GB.mod_k2_comments.ini
en-GB.mod_k2_content.ini
en-GB.mod_k2_login.ini
en-GB.mod_k2_tools.ini

Copa and open this files - translate, change en-GB part of name to correspond to your language (dunno what is actual sign for SWE language) Then put those new files in your language folder. That should be it

• M Jonasson
More
14 years 8 months ago #70639 by M Jonasson
Okey, thank you Erebrum:)

And thats all i have to translate? I read in another post that someone had some problems with some hidden strings/parts in K2 that couldn't be translated in the language files. Not exactly sure what that was about but i try to translate everything in the files from en-GB files as I'll do with all other components and modules missing SWE language :)

One more thing. I always translate in a simple text editor but are there any good "tools" for translating language files? To make my life a bit easier :) Maybe some texteditor with good translation tools that can pick up strings, translate them and then i can correct the ones with bad/wrong formulation?

Somebody know some tool/application for this.. Could be good to have for other translations in joomla ;) Well, nothing important but would be nice know how others make their translations so damn fast sometimes, hehe!

Thanks,
Mats

More
14 years 8 months ago #70640 by Erebrum
Dunno for any hidden strings bcs i like my backend to be on english though there are definetly backend parts of strings in those files.

For tool translation personaly i like to use Notepad ++ it can find strings through file, code colapsing, code editor - though as i say it is a personal choice but check it out :)

M Jonasson said:Okey, thank you Erebrum:)
And thats all i have to translate? I read in another post that someone had some problems with some hidden strings/parts in K2 that couldn't be translated in the language files. Not exactly sure what that was about but i try to translate everything in the files from en-GB files as I'll do with all other components and modules missing SWE language :)

One more thing. I always translate in a simple text editor but are there any good "tools" for translating language files? To make my life a bit easier :) Maybe some texteditor with good translation tools that can pick up strings, translate them and then i can correct the ones with bad/wrong formulation?

Somebody know some tool/application for this.. Could be good to have for other translations in joomla ;) Well, nothing important but would be nice know how others make their translations so damn fast sometimes, hehe!

Thanks,
Mats

• M Jonasson
More
14 years 8 months ago #70641 by M Jonasson
Okey, thank you for the tip with Notepad++ .. I'll try it and see if it makes my life a bit easier ;)