Keyword

Newbie Questions

• mental
  • mental's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #70670 by mental
Replied by mental on topic Newbie Questions
I agree with Sulley, the parent category is a pity but for my purposes it is not too much of a hassle.

However, I do have some more questions.

The first one would be how to get rid of the 'Published in Category Name' under each item.

The second would be to remove the 'View Items' under each category.

My third question would be how exactly to change the colored background for each category pic and so.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #70671 by Erebrum
Replied by Erebrum on topic Newbie Questions
I read somewhere around here about Published in - fix was to remove it from template. Same stuff could be applied to View items...
Colored background for each category pic? Do you mean on colored category blocks(light blue) or exactly on cat pictures in those blocks(white space with a border around pictures) - in any case it would be change in CSS.

• mental
More
14 years 8 months ago #70672 by mental
I went to modules/mod_k2_content/tmpl/Default/ ... downloaded default.php ... Searched for a place where i could remove both 'Published in' and 'View Items' ... No trace of a place where that can be done.

As for the CSS part - indeed I want to change the ligh blue background to get it more in line with the my general theme. Where could I find the CSS to change. any pointers as to how to do it would be greatly apprecuated too.

Thank you.

Erebrum said:I read somewhere around here about Published in - fix was to remove it from template. Same stuff could be applied to View items... Colored background for each category pic? Do you mean on colored category blocks(light blue) or exactly on cat pictures in those blocks(white space with a border around pictures) - in any case it would be change in CSS.

More
14 years 8 months ago #70673 by Erebrum
Replied by Erebrum on topic Newbie Questions
About CSS for subcategory blocks class is - subCategory. If you check code - div class="subCategory"

Default styling should be:
div.subCategory {
background:#CCCCCC none repeat scroll 0 0;
border:1px solid #DDDDDD;
margin:4px;
padding:8px;
}
Location of css file is your site/components/com_k2/css/style.css - line 295.

For view items link look in default template folder or override folder if you are using other template - file category.php line 104 - 107

-- Subcategory more...
a class="subCategoryMore" href="php echo $subCategory->link;
php echo JText::_('View items...');
a

and for published in in category view items file is category_item.php also in template folder, lines 178-181

div class="catItemCategory"
span php echo JText::_('Published in'); /span This is published in part
a href="php echo $this->item->category->link; php echo $this->item->category->name a this is link and name of Category
div

it is maybe bit confusing but i stripped <>/? signs just to prevent this forum for parsing code look at pointed lines in files for full code, so basicly you can comment out view items and published in category parts.

mental said:I went to modules/mod_k2_content/tmpl/Default/ ... downloaded default.php ... Searched for a place where i could remove both 'Published in' and 'View Items' ... No trace of a place where that can be done. As for the CSS part - indeed I want to change the ligh blue background to get it more in line with the my general theme. Where could I find the CSS to change. any pointers as to how to do it would be greatly apprecuated too.
Thank you.

Erebrum said:I read somewhere around here about Published in - fix was to remove it from template. Same stuff could be applied to View items... Colored background for each category pic? Do you mean on colored category blocks(light blue) or exactly on cat pictures in those blocks(white space with a border around pictures) - in any case it would be change in CSS.

• mental
More
14 years 8 months ago #70674 by mental
Thank you for all your help. I actually came on to report that I had found it and to show how it was done and I saw your answer. Thanks so much.