Keyword

URGENT!!! Upgrading from Beta to 2.0 help required

• Ignatius Ackermann
  • Ignatius Ackermann's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #70742 by Ignatius Ackermann
URGENT!!! Upgrading from Beta to 2.0 help required was created by Ignatius Ackermann
Attempting to upgrade from Beta to 2.0 Stable.
1. I downloaded and saved original categories and items database tables seperately
2. On a fresh Joomla 1.5 and K2.0 installation I imported these 2 tables into the new database.
Problem!!!
Original database names are "jos_jw_k2_categories"
K2.0 database names are "jos_k2_categories"
I renamed "jos_k2_categories" to "jos_k2_categories11"
I renamed "jos_jw_k2_categories" to "jos_k2_categories"
All seems fine so far.
Go to Joomla administrator > K2 > Categories, and nothing shows here.
I have 43 categories in database, but these are not showing in administrator.
How do I get this to appear here.

Please help URGENTLY!!!
Or point to official upgrade instructions PLEASE!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ignatius Ackermann
More
14 years 8 months ago #70743 by Ignatius Ackermann
Replied by Ignatius Ackermann on topic URGENT!!! Upgrading from Beta to 2.0 help required
Is there no-one out there from K2 replying to our questions and problems. Or are they just ignoring us. Has anyone got an email for Ning, so that I can email him direct Please!!!!
I really love your component and it is exactly what we needed, but there are a few little problems that if not resolved, means we will have to abandon using your software. There are many postings in the forum that has just been ignored.
Please take the time to help us.
See www.southerncircletours.com

More
14 years 8 months ago #70744 by bkemler
It says right next to the upgrade package download link, "Detailed upgrade instructions are included in the zip file." The official upgrade instructions are in a text file that is in the upgrade zip file.

• Ignatius Ackermann
More
14 years 8 months ago #70745 by Ignatius Ackermann
Replied by Ignatius Ackermann on topic URGENT!!! Upgrading from Beta to 2.0 help required
Thanks, But if you look in the first line it states the following... The following instructions apply to users of K2 v2.0 "prerelease" versions only! It does not apply to v1.0.x users (a different upgrade is on plans).

I did see these instructions and did a localhost test setup and follow as much as I can. That was obviously a fresh 2.0 Stable release, and alI I needed was to export and Import my data from the Beta 1.2 version to the K2 2.0 Stable release.

I've got my data in the database but K2 is not seeing it, The table names are correct, I also did step 6 from the instruction as I thought this will force it to see the tables, But still no success. It is so close... If management would just reply as I am 1 step away form completion.

The 1.2.0 Beta upgrade will only be available in 2 weeks. A bit late for my client.

Is there anyone that can help!!!!

More
14 years 8 months ago #70746 by bkemler
Ah, when you said beta, I thought you meant version 2 beta vs. version 2 final/stable, not version 1 vs. version 2. I can't help you there. I could tell that version 1 was nowhere near being ready so I didn't build anything irreplaceable with it- just imported com_content articles into it and played around with it. Hope you get it figured out!

Ignatius Ackermann said:Thanks, But if you look in the first line it states the following... The following instructions apply to users of K2 v2.0 "prerelease" versions only! It does not apply to v1.0.x users (a different upgrade is on plans).
I did see these instructions and did a localhost test setup and follow as much as I can. That was obviously a fresh 2.0 Stable release, and alI I needed was to export and Import my data from the Beta 1.2 version to the K2 2.0 Stable release.

I've got my data in the database but K2 is not seeing it, The table names are correct, I also did step 6 from the instruction as I thought this will force it to see the tables, But still no success. It is so close... If management would just reply as I am 1 step away form completion.

The 1.2.0 Beta upgrade will only be available in 2 weeks. A bit late for my client.

Is there anyone that can help!!!!