Keyword

SOLVED - Unable to create a new category - fresh install

More
14 years 8 months ago #70777 by Dodge
I installed the version v2.0_build20090806 and when I tried to create a new category I got this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() in /usr/local/www/joomla/administrator/components/com_k2/tables/k2category.php on line 46

My joomla is 1.5.14 with PHP 5.2.4

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #70778 by Brendon Trevor
I also am seeing this error K2_v2.0_build20090806

1.5.14 with PHP 5.2.5

I tried uncommenting the php.ini file as suggested k2community.joomlaworks.gr/forum/topics/error-on-category-creation?id=3536014%3ATopic%3A5105&page=1#comments

Have not been able to fix it.

More
14 years 8 months ago #70779 by Dodge
I found a solution.

I started to dig out why was this mb_encoding called in the first place and found out that it was the multibyte conversion extension that I had totally forgot to install with my php installation (more precisely the extensions). It works with the multibyte character conversions and such and in K2 there are some features that require this.

So, after installing the mbstring extension the call in the k2category.php was now working (the reference to the method obviously is now defined) and I can create a new category as advertised.

If you just uncomment some random lines from the php.ini file you should also include the extensions then manually and register the changes! So it's just better to install the extension the usual way.

Brendon Trevor said:I also am seeing this error K2_v2.0_build20090806 1.5.14 with PHP 5.2.5 I tried uncommenting the php.ini file as suggested k2community.joomlaworks.gr/forum/topics/error-on-category-cr...

More
14 years 8 months ago #70780 by Brendon Trevor
Thanks got it

Dodge said:I found a solution.
I started to dig out why was this mb_encoding called in the first place and found out that it was the multibyte conversion extension that I had totally forgot to install with my php installation (more precisely the extensions). It works with the multibyte character conversions and such and in K2 there are some features that require this.

So, after installing the mbstring extension the call in the k2category.php was now working (the reference to the method obviously is now defined) and I can create a new category as advertised.

If you just uncomment some random lines from the php.ini file you should also include the extensions then manually and register the changes! So it's just better to install the extension the usual way.

Brendon Trevor said:I also am seeing this error K2_v2.0_build20090806 1.5.14 with PHP 5.2.5 I tried uncommenting the php.ini file as suggested k2community.joomlaworks.gr/forum/topics/error-on-category-cr...