Keyword

Front-end article stays checked-in?

More
14 years 8 months ago #70795 by Dodge
After editing an article in front-end and pressing submit the article editing frame does not go-away, only states that item has been saved and you have to click on the side of the window to get rid of the frame. In the back-end the article then shows still as if it was checked-in. Even after the editor has logged of the article stays checked-in and you have to do global check-in in order to get it editable again in the back-end.

This is a bit weird bug, solutions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #70796 by FidoBoy
Replied by FidoBoy on topic Front-end article stays checked-in?
Yes, i can confirm this bug. The article stays checked in after editing or closing it...

regards,

More
14 years 8 months ago #70797 by Edward A Parker
Replied by Edward A Parker on topic Front-end article stays checked-in?
Has there been any word on this.. Of all the "bugs" I have found in the latest version, this is by far the toughest one for me to deal with. Is it connected to the fact that after submitting from front end, the editor just stays there rather than reverting to the previous page? Also... If an author checks the box "featured" on the front end, they are greeted with the following error:

TableK2Item::store failed - Unknown column 'featured_ordering' in 'field list' SQL=INSERT INTO `pws_k2_items` ( `id`,`title`,`alias`,`catid`,`published`,`introtext`,`fulltext`,`image_caption`,`image_credits`,`created`,`created_by`,`created_by_alias`,`publish_up`,`publish_down`,`access`,`ordering`,`featured`,`featured_ordering` ) VALUES ( '','Test 2','test-2','5','1','Test Article 2','','','','2009-08-19 19:40:58','67','','2009-08-19 14:40:58','0000-00-00 00:00:00','0','2','1','' )

And the article doesn't load. I can live with that, but it does seem as though this could be fixed

More
14 years 8 months ago #70798 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Front-end article stays checked-in?
Hi. Please make sure you have followed the instructions for updating from prerelease version to the stable one. The error indicates that you have not run the update routine. Please try to to follow the update instructions and let me know what happens.

Edward A Parker said:Has there been any word on this.. Of all the "bugs" I have found in the latest version, this is by far the toughest one for me to deal with. Is it connected to the fact that after submitting from front end, the editor just stays there rather than reverting to the previous page? Also... If an author checks the box "featured" on the front end, they are greeted with the following error:
TableK2Item::store failed - Unknown column 'featured_ordering' in 'field list' SQL=INSERT INTO `pws_k2_items` ( `id`,`title`,`alias`,`catid`,`published`,`introtext`,`fulltext`,`image_caption`,`image_credits`,`created`,`created_by`,`created_by_alias`,`publish_up`,`publish_down`,`access`,`ordering`,`featured`,`featured_ordering` ) VALUES ( '','Test 2','test-2','5','1','Test Article 2','','','','2009-08-19 19:40:58','67','','2009-08-19 14:40:58','0000-00-00 00:00:00','0','2','1','' )

And the article doesn't load. I can live with that, but it does seem as though this could be fixed

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
14 years 8 months ago #70799 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Front-end article stays checked-in?
Hi. In order to check out the item the user has to click on the close button of the modal and not outside of it. I know it's a bit frustrating but this is the way it has been implemented. Maybe we change this in a future version but for now this is how it works.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
14 years 8 months ago #70800 by Edward A Parker
I had no crtical content in my pre-release install so I unstalled the component and started fresh by installing the full 2.0 version, so improper upgrade is not an issue.. Also.. I see a "SUBMIT" button, and a "CLEAR ALL FORM FIELDS" button, but I cannot find a "CLOSE" button (or [X] or anything else that resembles this. My site is: www.twintierslive.com. Feel free to become a member and use the site. I would love to have your input..

Thanks!!

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Please make sure you have followed the instructions for updating from prerelease version to the stable one. The error indicates that you have not run the update routine. Please try to to follow the update instructions and let me know what happens.Edward A Parker said:Has there been any word on this.. Of all the "bugs" I have found in the latest version, this is by far the toughest one for me to deal with. Is it connected to the fact that after submitting from front end, the editor just stays there rather than reverting to the previous page? Also... If an author checks the box "featured" on the front end, they are greeted with the following error:TableK2Item::store failed - Unknown column 'featured_ordering' in 'field list' SQL=INSERT INTO `pws_k2_items` ( `id`,`title`,`alias`,`catid`,`published`,`introtext`,`fulltext`,`image_caption`,`image_credits`,`created`,`created_by`,`created_by_alias`,`publish_up`,`publish_down`,`access`,`ordering`,`featured`,`featured_ordering` ) VALUES ( '','Test 2','test-2','5','1','Test Article 2','','','','2009-08-19 19:40:58','67','','2009-08-19 14:40:58','0000-00-00 00:00:00','0','2','1','' )And the article doesn't load. I can live with that, but it does seem as though this could be fixed

More
14 years 8 months ago #70801 by Dodge
Replied by Dodge on topic Front-end article stays checked-in?
I can see no close button either! Another bug?

Edward A Parker said:I had no crtical content in my pre-release install so I unstalled the component and started fresh by installing the full 2.0 version, so improper upgrade is not an issue.. Also.. I see a "SUBMIT" button, and a "CLEAR ALL FORM FIELDS" button, but I cannot find a "CLOSE" button (or [X] or anything else that resembles this. My site is: www.twintierslive.com. Feel free to become a member and use the site. I would love to have your input.. Thanks!!

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Please make sure you have followed the instructions for updating from prerelease version to the stable one. The error indicates that you have not run the update routine. Please try to to follow the update instructions and let me know what happens.Edward A Parker said:Has there been any word on this.. Of all the "bugs" I have found in the latest version, this is by far the toughest one for me to deal with. Is it connected to the fact that after submitting from front end, the editor just stays there rather than reverting to the previous page? Also... If an author checks the box "featured" on the front end, they are greeted with the following error:TableK2Item::store failed - Unknown column 'featured_ordering' in 'field list' SQL=INSERT INTO `pws_k2_items` ( `id`,`title`,`alias`,`catid`,`published`,`introtext`,`fulltext`,`image_caption`,`image_credits`,`created`,`created_by`,`created_by_alias`,`publish_up`,`publish_down`,`access`,`ordering`,`featured`,`featured_ordering` ) VALUES ( '','Test 2','test-2','5','1','Test Article 2','','','','2009-08-19 19:40:58','67','','2009-08-19 14:40:58','0000-00-00 00:00:00','0','2','1','' )And the article doesn't load. I can live with that, but it does seem as though this could be fixed

More
14 years 8 months ago #70802 by Edward A Parker
Solved if you are comfortable with editing source files..

Check out this post:
k2community.joomlaworks.gr/forum/topics/frontpage-edit-windo...

and also my notes with regard to special considerations with Affinity Template from Rockettheme.