Keyword

K2 User Plugin fails on JomSocial Avatar Change

• Christopher Ambler
  • Christopher Ambler's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #71119 by Christopher Ambler
K2 User Plugin fails on JomSocial Avatar Change was created by Christopher Ambler
When changing an avatar using JomSocial, the postback processing causes onAfterStoreUser() to be triggered in plugins/user/k2.php. On (or around) lines 95/96, there is a check for $file in K2's user plugin code.

K2 appears to be making the presumption that the data in $_POST is its data. It is not, it is JomSocial's postback. While it's fine for K2 to register for the onAfterStoreUser(), it seems wrong that it presumes that it might be the only component out there passing data back in $_POST for this event.

This causes K2's plugin to emit an error ("could not upload your image.") when no such error is present. The error is because there is no index for on $file in this case. K2 presumes there is, again, because it presumes that the data in $_POST is its own.

This is breaking JomSocial - bad form, K2!

Would a developer please comment on this and acknowledge the bug?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Christopher Ambler
More
14 years 8 months ago #71120 by Christopher Ambler
Replied by Christopher Ambler on topic K2 User Plugin fails on JomSocial Avatar Change
Do the K2 developers even read this forum?

• Christopher Ambler
More
14 years 8 months ago #71121 by Christopher Ambler
Replied by Christopher Ambler on topic K2 User Plugin fails on JomSocial Avatar Change
Another day, another lack of response from anyone...

Hello? Is this thing on?

More
14 years 8 months ago #71122 by Sunny
Even i think that we have to swim in the sea alone!!!

Christopher Ambler said:Do the K2 developers even read this forum?

More
14 years 8 months ago #71123 by Mike C
Not sure it's the same error, but it sounds like it, when someone tries to register on my site with JoomSuite User component. I have avatars completely disabled in that component, yet when someone registers, that image upload error comes up. It has been reported to be caused by K2 in a community builder forum discussion and you're experiencing it with JomSocial. Please give us a fix for this?

More
14 years 8 months ago #71124 by bunglehaze
Replied by bunglehaze on topic K2 User Plugin fails on JomSocial Avatar Change
And also this happens: Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$profile in /var/www/vhosts/bikechatter.co.uk/httpdocs/components/com_k2/models/item.php on line 275

Error reporting has to be on maximum but it is still happening

Devs?

More
14 years 8 months ago #71125 by Lefteris
Hi. OK i can confirm this but if you are using JomSocial ( or other similar extensions )for extending the user then you can try to disable the K2 user plugin.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Christopher Ambler
More
14 years 8 months ago #71126 by Christopher Ambler
Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. OK i can confirm this but if you are using JomSocial ( or other similar extensions )for extending the user then you can try to disable the K2 user plugin.

What? Why?! How about we get the bug fixed, instead?

More
14 years 8 months ago #71127 by bunglehaze
Replied by bunglehaze on topic K2 User Plugin fails on JomSocial Avatar Change
Hi lefteris, that is fine to fix in the meantime but what about the undefined property bug I posted also that is persistant?

leigh

More
14 years 8 months ago #71128 by Lefteris
Hi. We are trying to eliminate all php errors and notices but a quick fix for you would be to set "Error Reporting" to "None" or "Simple". This is highly recommended, especially for production sites.

bunglehaze said:Hi lefteris, that is fine to fix in the meantime but what about the undefined property bug I posted also that is persistant?
leigh

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)