Keyword

k2 could use some things from Jreviews

• Albert
  • Albert's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #71206 by Albert
For those not familiar with Jreviews, it is a complex CCK review system, that can be used for much more than just a review system. The only problem is that it costs over $100, and it encrypted. Even though it is encrypted (templates are not), it CCK and templates are well built you do not need to edit the encoded files.
First of all, the coding in k2 template looks scary. I'm glad I have Dreamweaver to make sense of it :). Take a look at image below. The image is equivalent to k2's extra fields menu. Obviously jreviews has more, since it has been around longer. These are things I would like to see...

1. Output Format - see how I can take the value of a extra field and wrap it around anything I want with the {FIELDTEXT}. In the example image I made a input field where a users enters the Blip.tv ID video number, and then I automatically embed it. These means I would not need a blip.tv plugin nor need to edit the template files.
2. Field access - This can be used with the above so in the back-end I could enter an affiliate link and restrict only admins to see that field.

Here is a video tutorial how jreviews uses custom fields www.reviewsforjoomla.com/videos/4.Custom-Fields.htm they highlight what I am talking about.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #71207 by DAVID JANES
Replied by DAVID JANES on topic k2 could use some things from Jreviews
Jreviews looks very interesting, I didn't even know it existed. The website I am building now utilizes reviews (for editor, not for reader) and at the moment I am using the extra fields to display a review score. It works fine but the only problem is being able to sort and filter by review score in the list. Im sure it is possible to do but im a designer, not a programmer so figuring out how to do that is currently beyond my capability. If there was a plugin or something for K2 that allowed for this that would be amazing.

More
14 years 8 months ago #71208 by FeSys
Replied by FeSys on topic k2 could use some things from Jreviews
If K2 has more extra field like; Audio, Payment, ...etc.. Hence no need to JReview features i guess
Just by adding more Extra fields to K2.. Everything possible.

More
14 years 8 months ago #71209 by Markus Thiel
Replied by Markus Thiel on topic k2 could use some things from Jreviews
Unless I´m wrong.. K2 wont let your users / visitors to review an article..

Followeyes said:If K2 has more extra field like; Audio, Payment, ...etc.. Hence no need to JReview features i guess Just by adding more Extra fields to K2.. Everything possible.

• Alejandro Schmeichler
More
14 years 7 months ago #71210 by Alejandro Schmeichler
Replied by Alejandro Schmeichler on topic k2 could use some things from Jreviews
Thanks for using JReviews as an example. I'd like to correct the person who said JReviews is encrypted and you can't modify it. If you purchase the full version of JReviews you can modify ~95% of the files and the remaining ~5% that are encoded are admin files that the large majority of people don't need to change. That's from +3 yrs experience developing the product.

More importantly, I want to announce that the integration of JReviews, via the Everywhere addon, with K2 is finally here. You can grab the files to do this here:

www.reviewsforjoomla.com/forum/index.php?topic=8281.msg34407#new

You will be able to create custom review forms, using review fields, and also have different rating criteria and forms for different categories.