• Daniel Munteanu
  • Daniel Munteanu's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #71257 by Daniel Munteanu
Help needed for a beginer was created by Daniel Munteanu
Hello I am a beginer for K2 but I have great expectation
Please help me answering to my questions:
1 - can I change the typography acording to the one I have in my site
2 - is that possible to have a single column when yoy display the categories?
3 - the K2 blog calendar, K2 categories list, K2 category select, are included in the download package?
4 - how can I go to the categories and see only a list of them?
5 - the lightbox is included in K2 or have to be instaled separately?
6 - the aditional info like: Price: Weight: Color: can be changed in my language and to ad some more?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #71258 by DAVID JANES
Replied by DAVID JANES on topic Help needed for a beginer
1. Yes. Go to your root and go components/com_k2/css/style.css. If you know some css you can mold the k2 content however you would like there. I would suggest backing up the file if you decide to play around in there.

2. Yes. You can change this in the category settings in the backend.

3. Yes. These are modules that can be enabled like any regular Joomla module.

4. Could you be more specific with your question?

5. The lightbox is functional out of the box for item images. If you want to fully utilize image galleries with a lightbox then you'll have to purchase Simple Image Gallery Pro from Joomlaworks since the free version is not yet compatible with k2 content. Its only 12 EU or 17 USD. Small price to pay for all of this IMO.

6. I can't help with language issues, but I know it is definitely possible to implement different languages. Hopefully someone else here can help you with that.

Just have some patience and play around with the content of K2 and it will all make sense once you know what it's doing. Good Luck.

• Daniel Munteanu
  • Daniel Munteanu's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #71259 by Daniel Munteanu
Replied by Daniel Munteanu on topic Help needed for a beginer
Thank you for the answers

for the question 4 - I intend to have all the categories displayed as a simple list then when I ckick on one of them to go to the sub categories again as a list and finaly to have a list of items and only here to have all data displayed so is possible to do that

what source for templates do you suggest in order to work well with the extensions developed by joomlaworks (I tried with another templates provider but there were some incompatibilities)
- I look at TemplateWorks but there is no one with a suckerfishmenu that I need, can this be fixed?

for the question 6 - I do not need an automatic translation but just to edit (Price: Weight: Color:) an have other words instead

Dave Janes said:1. Yes. Go to your root and go components/com_k2/css/style.css. If you know some css you can mold the k2 content however you would like there. I would suggest backing up the file if you decide to play around in there.2. Yes. You can change this in the category settings in the backend.3. Yes. These are modules that can be enabled like any regular Joomla module.4. Could you be more specific with your question?5. The lightbox is functional out of the box for item images. If you want to fully utilize image galleries with a lightbox then you'll have to purchase Simple Image Gallery Pro from Joomlaworks since the free version is not yet compatible with k2 content. Its only 12 EU or 17 USD. Small price to pay for all of this IMO.6. I can't help with language issues, but I know it is definitely possible to implement different languages. Hopefully someone else here can help you with that.Just have some patience and play around with the content of K2 and it will all make sense once you know what it's doing. Good Luck.

More
14 years 8 months ago #71260 by Valdis
Replied by Valdis on topic Help needed for a beginer
Regarding 6: Definitely possible. You will need Joomfish as well; k2 content element definitions needed for translation are included in k2 package. Only caveat is that if You install Joomfish after k2 then You will have to copy element definitions manually IMHO. When both extensions are successfully installed You should be able to translate extra field names as any other content using Joomfish.

Cheers,
Valdis