Keyword

sh404SEF plugin for K2 2.0

More
14 years 7 months ago #71511 by Kailey Lampert
Replied by Kailey Lampert on topic sh404SEF plugin for K2 2.0
I'm also having a problem with multi-word tags (anything with a space in it).
Anybody else have this problem and know how to fix, or is it just me?
I'm running K2 2.1 and sh404sef 1.0.20_Beta - build_237

Everything is working great, except when I click on a tag that is more than one word...

Jeff Cooper said:I've found a problem with K2 tags, when the tag consists of more than one word. For example, "barbie doll". SH404SEF is using a URL with a "% 20" inserted in place of the space that is in between the two words. The result is a 404 missing error when I try to access K2 articles with that tag. One-word tags work fine. Anyone come across this, or a fix? thanks Jeff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Cornerstone Properties, LLC
More
14 years 7 months ago #71512 by Cornerstone Properties, LLC
Replied by Cornerstone Properties, LLC on topic sh404SEF plugin for K2 2.0
It's not just you. A work around I'm using is to add a '-' between all tags. In my earlier example, my tag for 'barbie doll' would be 'barbie-doll'. The sh404sef url will then allow for a working url to the tag. Not a true fix, but...

More
14 years 7 months ago #71513 by Kailey Lampert
I saw that and if I have to, I might go with that. But I'd love a 'real' fix since this is for a client.

Jeff Cooper said:It's not just you. A work around I'm using is to add a '-' between all tags. In my earlier example, my tag for 'barbie doll' would be 'barbie-doll'. The sh404sef url will then allow for a working url to the tag. Not a true fix, but...

More
14 years 7 months ago #71514 by Kailey Lampert
Hopefully this will be helpful to someone who is having the same two-word tag issue that I was having:

If you take the spaces in the URL and replace them with pluses ('+') it'll work. For example:
broken url:
domain.com/tag/two word.html

fixed url:
domain.com/tag/two+word.html

I've just used a little str_replace() function in the template files. I edited these three files and it seems to have covered all links:
/components/com_k2/templates/default/item.php (line 322 for me)
/components/com_k2/templates/default/category_item.php (line 190)
/modules/mod_k2_tools/tmpl/tags.php (line 19 in original, 26 in the modified version[k2community.joomlaworks.gr/forum/topics/improved-tag-cloud])

If somebody has a better idea, please do share

More
14 years 6 months ago #71515 by B_Dark
Replied by B_Dark on topic sh404SEF plugin for K2 2.0
why the don't show me in tab pluging of sh404sef?!

Kai Roen said:Great work. I have modified the file as you described above, and download the file from this location:
www.dmtalvdal.no/images/stories/dokumenter/com_k2.zip

Unzip the file and upload it to: /components/com_sh404sef/sef_ext/

More
14 years 4 months ago #71516 by tonino
Replied by tonino on topic sh404SEF plugin for K2 2.0
to operate properly the function search edit / components/com_sh404sef/sef_ext/com_k2.php line 131

change
$ title [] = 'search';
in
$ title [] = 'searchword';

More
14 years 3 months ago #71517 by Kailey Lampert
Hey, sorry I never responded - I'm not always on top of these things....
For you, or anyone else who's interested: projects.trepmal.com/joomla/tags.php.txt

scott said:Hi Kailey, could you give me an example line of how to do the str_replace, ive tried str_replace on the array and also in the echo but neither seem to have any affect

More
14 years 1 month ago #71518 by scyllar
Replied by scyllar on topic sh404SEF plugin for K2 2.0
Hello everyone! my first post here...
I am new to k2 but i have got a question: there is already built in k2 sef ext ../com_k2/sef_ext/com_k2.php and i found it working well with 404sef, so i don't see any necessity of using another 404sef plugin, or am i just missing something obvious? Any body please tell me :) thanks :)
Let me know if i posted at wrong place...

• Kai Roen
  • Kai Roen's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #71519 by Kai Roen
Replied by Kai Roen on topic sh404SEF plugin for K2 2.0
Hi Scyllar, you are correct. Plugin in this thread was for K2 version 2.0. It was already included in 2.1 or 2.2.

scyllar said:Hello everyone! my first post here... I am new to k2 but i have got a question: there is already built in k2 sef ext ../com_k2/sef_ext/com_k2.php and i found it working well with 404sef, so i don't see any necessity of using another 404sef plugin, or am i just missing something obvious? Any body please tell me :) thanks :)
Let me know if i posted at wrong place...