Keyword

Template overrides not being picked up by K2 categories

• PufferMedia
  • PufferMedia's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #72037 by PufferMedia
I've followed the instructions here: k2community.joomlaworks.gr/notes/Templating_in_K2

And it seems straight-forward enough, however it isn't working for me.

I've doubled checked all my paths and made sure everything is where it should. But if I make a template for, say, /blog by coping the /default folder in /templates/YOURJOOMLATEMPLATE/html/com_k2/ - it does not show up in the K2 category editor. If I perform the same action in directly in /components/com_k2/templates/ (make a sub-template /blog) it will show up in the Template dropdown.

Also, what's the quickest way to completely over-ride the the theme css?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #72038 by Lefteris
Hi. You have to put your template in the folder /templates/YOURJOOMLATEMPLATE/html/com_k2/templates/.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• PufferMedia
More
14 years 8 months ago #72039 by PufferMedia
Ah. There we go. Thanks.

That would be a bug in the template override instructions then, no?

I wonder if that means that the standard overrides (generic.php, profile.php...etc) need to go in that /templates folder as well.

Anyone want to weigh in on the best way to setup CSS overrides?

Again, thanks for the clarification.

• PufferMedia
More
14 years 7 months ago #72040 by PufferMedia
Okay... can someone explain to me why the overrides I need to use differ from the stated procedure for running template overrides.

Sure, its working, but having to use an extra folder in the path (/templates/YOURJOOMLATEMPLATE/html/com_k2/templates/ as opposed to the instructions stated path of /templates/YOURJOOMLATEMPLATE/html/com_k2/) is a pretty significant difference from the 'documentation'.

Also, I cannot get over-rides to work for mod_K2_content. My changes don't seem to pick up in the same with as other modules.