Keyword

Solved - Gap over Read More

• Thor Morten Bjørge
  • Thor Morten Bjørge's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #72267 by Thor Morten Bjørge
Solved - Gap over Read More was created by Thor Morten Bjørge
How can I remove the gap over the read more link on the K2 Content? I have searched the CSS file, but cannot find where to remove the gap.

The gap is more than 1 inch so it is way to much gap for a news site.

Look at enclosed picture.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #72268 by Kelsey Brookes
Replied by Kelsey Brookes on topic Solved - Gap over Read More
I simply made a copy of the mod_k2_content default template folder, named it differently (in fact, I have about four different templates done this way) and that template then appears in the list of available sub-templates in the module parameters.

Fortunately the K2 modules are vastly easier to understand than core Joomla template overrides and I've been able to modify them extensively to do what I want.

If you use Firebug (the extension for Firefox) you can inspect the code and find out what's taking up the additional space. K2 includes a lot of redundant code output in its modules: unfortunately this is the price you pay for the simplicity of the code output - Joomla's core code has a lot of logic thrown in.

For example, with the Joomla core content component, if you have 'read more' enabled, but you do not have extended text on the article, its logic will hide the 'read more' anyway, which is a good thing.

K2 does not do this - if you have 'read more' enabled, it shows on screen irrespective of the status of the extended text.

While I think that the code to make this happen should be made available in an easy-to-implement manner, I appreciate how simple it's been to get K2 to do 90% of what I need it to do.

• Thor Morten Bjørge
More
14 years 8 months ago #72269 by Thor Morten Bjørge
Replied by Thor Morten Bjørge on topic Solved - Gap over Read More
I used firebug, but the design looks good in Firefox, the gap is only in IE and Safari. Anyone that knows what code to change so that I can get the same look in IE and Safari as in Firefox?

More
14 years 8 months ago #72270 by Kelsey Brookes
Replied by Kelsey Brookes on topic Solved - Gap over Read More
If you're on Safari 4 you have easy access to the Web Inspector, which functions similarly to FireBug - it's in the Develop menu.

• Thor Morten Bjørge
More
14 years 8 months ago #72271 by Thor Morten Bjørge
Great. Found the solution. Thank you very much.

More
14 years 6 months ago #72272 by Mark Mintler
Replied by Mark Mintler on topic Solved - Gap over Read More
I'm having the same problem but I can't seem to find the CSS code that controls the extra space.. a hint? thanks

More
14 years 6 months ago #72273 by Musiekvraat
Replied by Musiekvraat on topic Solved - Gap over Read More
Maybe share your foundings ?

Thor Morten Bjørge said:Great. Found the solution. Thank you very much.

• Thor Morten Bjørge
More
14 years 6 months ago #72274 by Thor Morten Bjørge
I am sorry, I don't remember the exact line I changed. I have removed K2 from my site, so I can not check. The solution worked for the gap, but at the same time some spacing that was needed on the article pages was removed, so it was not 100%.

More
14 years 6 months ago #72275 by bunglehaze
Replied by bunglehaze on topic Solved - Gap over Read More
this problem seems to affect IE, Chrome and safari but not firefox (for once) I have the same problem with my content modules when the intro text is set to a small amount - huge gaps before the end of the module, very strange.

leigh

More
14 years 6 months ago #72276 by bunglehaze
Replied by bunglehaze on topic Solved - Gap over Read More
Ok, any of you CSS guru's able to help with this one? I have attached screenshots and cannot seem to affect it by edit the K2 css module section so I am guessing it is defined within the article layout but where? The strange thing is in Firefox it has no whitespace but in all other browsers it looks the same as my attachments.

leigh
Attachments: