Keyword

How to add latest news/items to home page automatically ?

• Irfan S
  • Irfan S's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #72349 by Irfan S
Hello guys, I've just started playing around with K2, and I have a few questions,

Firstly, as seen in k2.joomlaworks.gr/demo-v2/ , how do you put the posts in a blog format like that? And how to make the latest post appear there automatically?

What I've figured until now is this: I make a new menu in the menu manager, and make it as default, I choose the new menu type from the K2 section. Is it right? I find that this steps cannot do what I mentioned above.

I greatly appreciate your replies, and thanks in advance guys :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #72350 by Erebrum
If i understand you are interested how to show K2 articles on front page and how to achieve that looks from demo site.

To show articles on front page you create new menu item - K2 - category and select from which category or categories you do wanna to show articles, and that link you set as a default

About looks that is a matter of settings on category page - there you have options for display (dunno what are exact settings to reproduce that demo page look did not tried it)

• Irfan S
  • Irfan S's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #72351 by Irfan S
aww I can't believe I missed that! I selected only one categories to try that before. The one on k2.joomlaworks.gr/demo-v2/ must've used multiple categories which will instantly turn the layout to that blog-kind arrangement.

Thanks a bunch Erebrum!

More
14 years 7 months ago #72352 by 2ninerniner2
Bonjour,

You are on the right track! :) Use the K2 > Item Listings > Categories menu type and keep "playing around" with the Parameters :) Also, the Category Parameters themselves control a lot of what is presented and how and when it shows up. There are a LOT of parameter options, but they are all pretty much self-explanatory; one just needs to read carefully and keep "playing around" ... that's how I am learning K2 AND Joomla! :)