Keyword

I have moved my SIte to a different server now K2 is throwing 404 pages

• ANdrew
  • ANdrew's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #72511 by ANdrew
Hi all, I have moved my site to a different server and all works fine apart from K2 now throws errors when adding new articles etc.

Where do I find the configuration file to check the paths are for new server?

Is this the cause of my probelms?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nightshiftcreative.com
More
14 years 7 months ago #72512 by nightshiftcreative.com
Check your config file in the root of your joomla install - you may need to change the paths for your new server.

If not,

If you have SEF URLs turned on and your Joomla install is not in the root folder, it may be the rewriteBase path. I had a similar problem. I would try turning off SEF URLs just to test it out. If that is the problem you may need to change your htaccess from:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /

to

RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /subdirectory

I hope that is the problem and it fixes it for you.

• ANdrew
More
14 years 7 months ago #72513 by ANdrew
Brilliant this was the problem I had, as soon as I turned off URL changes in my Global configs all was swell. I also noticed that during the change from GoDaddy to Hostmonster my .htaccess file was blank apart from the following, you wouldn't know what has caused this would you... As soon as I replaced the .htaccess file with the standard Joomla file all worked well with SEF URLS on.

# Use PHP5CGI as default
AddHandler fcgid-script .php

Thansk for your help.

• ANdrew
More
14 years 7 months ago #72514 by ANdrew
Actually I just checked and it has stopped working again, I have a number of small problems with teh site since moving it.

The images I add using the JCE powered editor show up in the editor but not on the live page plus I am having problems with SEF turned on, I can only run it without SEF URLS... Any ideas?

Andy Critchlow said:Brilliant this was the problem I had, as soon as I turned off URL changes in my Global configs all was swell. I also noticed that during the change from GoDaddy to Hostmonster my .htaccess file was blank apart from the following, you wouldn't know what has caused this would you... As soon as I replaced the .htaccess file with the standard Joomla file all worked well with SEF URLS on.
# Use PHP5CGI as default
AddHandler fcgid-script .php

Thansk for your help.

• nightshiftcreative.com
More
14 years 6 months ago #72515 by nightshiftcreative.com
Check the paths in your config file which is in the root folder of your joomla install. Sorry my answer is so late :( If the paths are wrong it will be looking for everything in the wrong place. Also, double check yout htaccess file to make sure it is ok now. Good choice moving from GoDaddy to HostMonster. :)