Keyword

Problems with Users and Registration.

• Hostile
  • Hostile's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #73000 by Hostile
Problems with Users and Registration. was created by Hostile
I'm having some issues with K2 User Registartion and K2 My account.

Using Version
K2, 2.1 September 9th, 2009 JoomlaWorks

Problems I'm seeing:
When a user registers using the K2 Login Module the user section of K2 in admin panel is not put in the default user group.

I will go in the users list and won't have Gender selected or the group. I will manually edit the page to put them in the registered user group.

They will log in and try to edit their information on the My Account to change their settings or add avatar.

After all changes are made they will hit save and the page will refresh telling them their account changes were saved.

When the users go to their My Page all the previous information they entered is not saved. This also is the same issue that happens when the account is created from the start.

This is the same problem that happens when the account is created. Any information they add into the editor other than the name,user, email and password is not saved. I need some advice or help to fix this problem. I've spent a lot of time searching these boards for other threads and haven't found anything that relates to my specific problem. Anyone else have these issues or know how to fix it?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #73001 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Problems with Users and Registration.
Hi. Please make sure that the K2 User plugin is installed and enabled and that you are using the template files that are bundled with K2.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
14 years 7 months ago #73002 by piperchick
Replied by piperchick on topic Problems with Users and Registration.
I am having the same problem.

I have cheked that the K2 User plugin is installed and active. I have not changed any template files but am using Affinity by Rocket Theme.

I can edit from the back-end.

Any other ideas??

More
14 years 7 months ago #73003 by piperchick
It may be an issue with Affinity. I just tried another template and front-end editing of the user profile worked.

Now I have to remember what I did to customise my Affinity before I apply the upgrade......

More
14 years 7 months ago #73004 by Lefteris
Hi. You can keep using the template of your choice but you have to make sure that the User Registration form and the Profile edit form include a hidden input field with name "K2UserForm" and value "1".

piperchick said:It may be an issue with Affinity. I just tried another template and front-end editing of the user profile worked. Now I have to remember what I did to customise my Affinity before I apply the upgrade......

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
14 years 7 months ago #73005 by jeles
Replied by jeles on topic Problems with Users and Registration.
and we did:
..../templates/rt_affinity_j15/html/com_user/user
Edited file form.php

input type = "hidden" name = "username" value = "php echo $ this- escape ($ this-> user-> get ( 'username'));?>" />
input type = "hidden" name = "id" value = "php echo (int) $ this-> user-> get ( 'id');?>" />
input type = "hidden" name = "gid" value = "php echo (int) $ this-> user-> get ( 'gid');?>" />
input type="hidden" name="option" value="com_user" />
input type="hidden" name="K2UserForm" value "1" /> - Additions
input type="hidden" name="task" value="save" />
php echo JHTML:: _ ( 'form.token');?>

and .... / templates/rt_affinity_j15/html/com_user/register
Edited default.php file, added the same thing, etc. ....

Problem is not resolved, MA CAN SOMEONE HELP? : (

More
14 years 7 months ago #73006 by Lefteris
Hi.The files that are loaded by the K2 plugin are located under templates/yourtemplate/html/com_k2/templates. There you should find the files register.php and profile.php. If they are not there then K2 loads them from the location components/com_k2/templates. So please check the generated source code for both registration and profile edit forms. They should have the hidden input. Also you should have enabled the K2 system plugin. If all that fails maybe there is an other kind of issue with the template you are using. Try to use an other template and see if that works.

jeles said:and we did: ..../templates/rt_affinity_j15/html/com_user/user
Edited file form.php

input type = "hidden" name = "username" value = "php echo $ this- escape ($ this-> user-> get ( 'username'));?>" />
input type = "hidden" name = "id" value = "php echo (int) $ this-> user-> get ( 'id');?>" />
input type = "hidden" name = "gid" value = "php echo (int) $ this-> user-> get ( 'gid');?>" />
input type="hidden" name="option" value="com_user" />
input type="hidden" name="K2UserForm" value "1" /> - Additions
input type="hidden" name="task" value="save" />
php echo JHTML:: _ ( 'form.token');?>

and .... / templates/rt_affinity_j15/html/com_user/register
Edited default.php file, added the same thing, etc. ....

Problem is not resolved, MA CAN SOMEONE HELP? : (

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
14 years 6 months ago #73007 by piperchick
Hi Lefteris,

This worked perfectly.

Thanks.

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. You can keep using the template of your choice but you have to make sure that the User Registration form and the Profile edit form include a hidden input field with name "K2UserForm" and value "1".
piperchick said:It may be an issue with Affinity. I just tried another template and front-end editing of the user profile worked. Now I have to remember what I did to customise my Affinity before I apply the upgrade......