Keyword

Documentation for Blogging

• jdrenken
  • jdrenken's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #73244 by jdrenken
Documentation for Blogging was created by jdrenken
Hello,

I am the webmaster for our church website of www.fbcfultonmo.org and installed K2 w/o issue. The situation that I have is I want each of our pastoral staff to have their own dedicated blog. The pastoral staff only have author access and this system makes it seem like they need super administrator...am I mistaken? I can't find any documentation on how to get this started.

Thanks in Advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• olsen
  • Elite Member
  • Joomla and K2 Freelancer
More
14 years 7 months ago #73245 by olsen
Replied by olsen on topic Documentation for Blogging
set proper privileges under k2 component-> users and users groups

Didn't solve your issues?? Why dont you consider hire me? Email me or contact me www.xevedigital.com for details

More
14 years 6 months ago #73246 by K T Upadhyaya
Replied by K T Upadhyaya on topic Documentation for Blogging
I dont think people need to be super administrators to write blogs.. What I can suggest is this:

1. Define a category in K2 called "Blogs"
2. Build a menu item with K2 Category type.. This is going to be your Blog Page.. Set this page to pick items from "Blog" category
3. Allow all pastrol staff to be Authors. For putting any blogs, they should Log into the System, as authors, go to Component >> K2 >> Add item and add the blog item.. Ensuring that it is put in the "Blogs" category.
4. Once they save the item, it will be displayed in the Blogs section... You can also add tags for these blog items, which will make it easy for readers to read related stuff...

Hope this is what you wanted to do..

Regards

K T