Keyword

New item textarea

• Ivana Petrovic
  • Ivana Petrovic's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #73846 by Ivana Petrovic
New item textarea was created by Ivana Petrovic
Hello,
my problem is that I need to pass some extra parameters to the "Insert New Item" form, I mean to the textarea field in that form. I looked everywhere where is that textarea generated, but I couldn't find it. I found other fields like input box for title and etc, but not for text (textarea). Please any help on this?

Thanks
Ivana

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ivana Petrovic
More
14 years 6 months ago #73847 by Ivana Petrovic
Replied by Ivana Petrovic on topic New item textarea
Isn't there anybody who knows where this textarea is located?

I'm desperate, please!

• Ivana Petrovic
More
14 years 6 months ago #73848 by Ivana Petrovic
Well I managed to find not textarea but a function that sends value data to that textarea (where ever it is).
page: components/com_k2/views/item/view.html.php
lines:
if (JString::strlen($item->fulltext) > 1) {
$textValue = $item->introtext."".$item->fulltext; } else {

$textValue = $item->introtext;//this one weee
}

this was a pain.

More
14 years 6 months ago #73849 by Chris Whitfield
Replied by Chris Whitfield on topic New item textarea
I'm not a strong coder type, but I think in the form.php it's several lines after the one that refers to the 'Title alias'. The first () appears to get the primary system editor and merge it into the current form by getting an existing item if passed in the parameters. Then you have the title of the main text area and I think the remaining lines under that referring to 'text' pull in existing document text. I would imagine that putting your custom text below that endif while using similar notation might get what you want...that is merely a guess though.

• Ivana Petrovic
More
14 years 6 months ago #73850 by Ivana Petrovic
Yes, the first page I looked at was form.php and there is no textarea tags for the text, only calling of specific class, so the solution from above worked for me, at this time, hope someone will give easier solution.
Cheers

Chris Whitfield said:I'm not a strong coder type, but I think in the form.php it's several lines after the one that refers to the 'Title alias'. The first () appears to get the primary system editor and merge it into the current form by getting an existing item if passed in the parameters. Then you have the title of the main text area and I think the remaining lines under that referring to 'text' pull in existing document text. I would imagine that putting your custom text below that endif while using similar notation might get what you want...that is merely a guess though.