Keyword

google indexing problems.

• Alien
  • Alien's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #74002 by Alien
google indexing problems. was created by Alien
Hi. My problem is simple.

Google does not index my web site. It is the most simple ve important problem that K2 should solve. I installed sh404sef, sef Service Map 2, Joomseo plugin, Xmap plugin for K2, did many improvements. I used google web master tools, analytics, published my web site on many web sites. but no... Nothing happens. Google index the other web sites containing my website name but do not index my web site.

If K2 wants to measure itself with wordpress, I think it should have;

1. Native Joomla Sef support. If you want to see examples, please take a look at new Mosets Tree Ver.2.1. I use this component and it is perfect.
3. K2 should have a ping back mechanism to release us from SEF SM.
2. K2 Should create a siteMap to use with google to release us from SEF SM.
4. Meta Tags, Description Tag and the other Header Tags related to content, should be created on the fly.

I think the most important bug is K2 is not compatible with search engines.

My web site is www.pazarilla.com

It is online for one week and if you type in "pazarilla" in google and search, you can not see my web site in results. If you type "pazarilla.com" google asks you the famous "Did you mean" question.
:D

Instead of adding features, you should improve your very initial competitor. Wordpress. You should override wordpress, not joomla.

Thanks again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #74003 by DrDigital
Replied by DrDigital on topic google indexing problems.
Little About Me: I own JoomlaMafia, I have over 100K websites that link to me, I have a google PR5 and I have over 472 pages indexed. ( I use to have thousands but take a look at my robots.txt i have blocked a lot. and requested a lot to be removed.)

Google has too indexed your site, September 27, 2009 @ 03:13 PM (GMT)

Id move the sitemap in your robots.txt to the top under user agent.

Id also follow this guide JoomlaMafia: 301

I also wouldn't worry about a 12 day old website not being indexed. But be sure to submit your sitemap to google among other search engines

www.google.com/webmasters/tools/
www.sitemapwriter.com/notify.php

The domain for this website is set to expire in less than a year (11 months, 17 days ).
We would suggest renewing this domain with your registrar. Google and other search engines may penalize websites with domains that are set to expire soon. The reason for this is that many spam sites are often registered for short periods of time. Most registrars support paying upfront for several years and the cost is usually only about $10-$20 per year, so it is generally worth it.

Permanent Redirect Not Found

Search engines may think www.pazarilla.com and pazarilla.com are two different sites.You should set up a permanent redirect (technically called a "301 redirect") between these sites. Once you do that, you will get full search engine credit for your work on these sites.

For example, www.pazarilla.com seems to have 1 inbound links whereas pazarilla.com has 2 inbound links. By correctly configuring a permanent 301 redirect, the search rankings might improve as all inbound links are correctly counted for the website.

• Alien
More
14 years 6 months ago #74004 by Alien
Replied by Alien on topic google indexing problems.
MY PROBLEM
Thank you for your feedback Matthew. I want to ask you another question. I parked the domain pazarilla.net to my web site and created a redirect to pazarilla.com. Does this affect my search engine rankings?

MY INTENT:
To deeply summarize. I want to install and go with K2. I do not want to deal with XMAP, sh404SEF, SEF SM and the other things. Wordpress web sites are configured to ping rpc services. I want to see this with K2. They erased my posts but I want to say it again. It is not a bug. I just wanted to take your attention by writing to bug reports. They say "K2 brings the good parts from Drupal and Wordpress into Joomla!" on frontpage. I thought by myself.If it does not offer, then it was a bug conceptually. I hope I was able explain my thoughts.

More
14 years 6 months ago #74005 by DrDigital
Joomla has the rpc blog deal itself. XML-RPC - Blogger API Part of Joomla Core (unpublished). I suggest you make a section, call it blog, and use regular articles along with superblogger and youll have a kick arse blog system and use K2 for the rest of your site.

• nightshiftcreative.com
More
14 years 6 months ago #74006 by nightshiftcreative.com
Replied by nightshiftcreative.com on topic google indexing problems.
I have no problems with SEF. It works perfectly fine. What problems in particular are you have - aside from not being indexed in Google yet?

More
14 years 6 months ago #74007 by DrDigital
Cristina, his sites 12 days old and google has indexed it.

• Alien
More
14 years 6 months ago #74008 by Alien
Replied by Alien on topic google indexing problems.
@Cristina : If they did not delete old posts you would understand. There is no sef problem. My issue is about software. We should install sh404sef to generate great sef urls. There is a slight problem. sh404sef generates sef urls for every link in the site and stores all of them in one database table.

When database tables get bigger, it is hard deal with them. Because indexes may be damaged. If K2 can generate SEF urls by using core joomla sef, it will be more comfortable. On the other hand sh404Sef IS A COMMERCIAL PRODUCT anymore.

@Mathew : I did not say my web site had not been indexed in the past. If a link to my web site without description is condired to be indexed, then yes! My web site was indexed. On the other hand, my extension and joomla knowledge is good enough to know about SuperBlogger. If I wanted a ready to use blog software, then I would use Wordpress. My purpose is to realize it with Joomla.

I am trying to make K2 better. I published discussion about solving multiple words tag links problem, then the developer responded : "Hi. The sh404SEF plugin for K2 is under development. Thanks for your commitment.". It is not a warm response. I could not share the information but it is open source. I help people as much as I can do in my spare time.

And now, everyone pushing on me. Matthew behaves like a hitman, hired to shut me up. He responded me an I thanked him but still the same things.

I give up my friends. Let K2 develop without me. You bright people will make him better in a short time I am sure.

Cristina Solana said:I have no problems with SEF. It works perfectly fine. What problems in particular are you have - aside from not being indexed in Google yet?

• nightshiftcreative.com
More
14 years 6 months ago #74009 by nightshiftcreative.com
Using SuperBlogger and K2 might not work either way. I tried running them both simultaneously but when SuperBlogger was active K2 would just give 404 errors. Not really an effective solution anyway.

In many ways, this is way better than Wordpress, but Wordpress has been around a lot longer than K2 - maybe you could be more patient and give the developers time to add features requested. You are not entitled to make demands about something you are not paying for. Furthermore, rather than depending on something so new to deploy a live site that has specific needs - why not wait and find out if that feature is available?

I understand your frustration, but you can't expect a "warm" response, when you use cynicism and make demands of a free extension. For some of us, it is offensive and annoying to hear that kind of talk - especially to a developer(s) who have contributed so much to Joomla. I had to edit my post before I wrote to you initially because it wasn't as polite as it ended up when I revised it. I think to call the lack of a feature - a bug - is inaccurate.

Rather than ranting, you can do one of two things: Develop a plug-in that would make this work how you want it to or add it to the features request and when these people who are working for "free" have a moment to get to it they will consider it and get it done. It is a good idea - but I think your approach has earned you this treatment.

• nightshiftcreative.com
More
14 years 6 months ago #74010 by nightshiftcreative.com
I had already read your post. I was just trying to be polite and not make it seem like I was calling him a liar since he plainly said "Google index the other web sites containing my website name but do not index my web site". I wanted to know what he meant by SEF not working - so I might offer some assistance - because my SEF works just fine. ;)

Matthew Murphy said:Cristina, his sites 12 days old and google has indexed it.

More
14 years 6 months ago #74011 by DrDigital
I looked his site up on www.dnscoop.com and several other places and didnt say he was lying, just informed him that it has been indexed and a 12 day old site its going to get every page indexed even more so with his domain expiring in less then a year.