Keyword

Custom Layout of K2 Category Listing

• Jerry Orense
  • Jerry Orense's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #74444 by Jerry Orense
Custom Layout of K2 Category Listing was created by Jerry Orense
Hi guys I just wanna ask on how to create a custom category that looks like highlighted red on the image above..I want to create a center category made in K2 and change its layout to that particular one...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many Thanks

Jerry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jerry Orense
More
14 years 6 months ago #74445 by Jerry Orense
Replied by Jerry Orense on topic Custom Layout of K2 Category Listing
any help please? :(

More
14 years 6 months ago #74446 by Nick
Replied by Nick on topic Custom Layout of K2 Category Listing
Edit the category view template so it shows a FIXED width div container. Space out the 3 columns evenly by adding margins to each side of the echo-script in the php. Keep in mind that the 3 columns are not actual columns. They are just created by the script echo-ing the categories and spacing them out. Once it reaches the end of the div container it starts a new line. There we go!

Jerry Orense said:any help please? :(

• Jerry Orense
More
14 years 6 months ago #74447 by Jerry Orense
Hi I just want to know where shld I edit the one you suggested?is it the index page?Thanks!

Nick Tsutsunava said:Edit the category view template so it shows a FIXED width div container. Space out the 3 columns evenly by adding margins to each side of the echo-script in the php. Keep in mind that the 3 columns are not actual columns. They are just created by the script echo-ing the categories and spacing them out. Once it reaches the end of the div container it starts a new line. There we go!
Jerry Orense said:any help please? :(

More
14 years 6 months ago #74448 by Nick
Replied by Nick on topic Custom Layout of K2 Category Listing
nope ;) it's here: components->com_k2->templates-> and then i forgot but it should be category view. Try to match the source code with the source in one of the php files in there. use firebug.

Jerry Orense said:Hi I just want to know where shld I edit the one you suggested?is it the index page?Thanks!
Nick Tsutsunava said:Edit the category view template so it shows a FIXED width div container. Space out the 3 columns evenly by adding margins to each side of the echo-script in the php. Keep in mind that the 3 columns are not actual columns. They are just created by the script echo-ing the categories and spacing them out. Once it reaches the end of the div container it starts a new line. There we go! Jerry Orense said:any help please? :(

• Jerry Orense
More
14 years 6 months ago #74449 by Jerry Orense
Great help Thanks!

Nick Tsutsunava said:nope ;) it's here: components->com_k2->templates-> and then i forgot but it should be category view. Try to match the source code with the source in one of the php files in there. use firebug.
Jerry Orense said:Hi I just want to know where shld I edit the one you suggested?is it the index page?Thanks! Nick Tsutsunava said:Edit the category view template so it shows a FIXED width div container. Space out the 3 columns evenly by adding margins to each side of the echo-script in the php. Keep in mind that the 3 columns are not actual columns. They are just created by the script echo-ing the categories and spacing them out. Once it reaches the end of the div container it starts a new line. There we go! Jerry Orense said:any help please? :(