Keyword

How can I eliminate the space between items in cathegory lists?

• Francisco Ferreira
  • Francisco Ferreira's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #74727 by Francisco Ferreira
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what's the file/code I have to edit to make the vertical space between items on a category list, a little shorter.

Please visit www.aleximobiliaria.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=category&task=category&id=3&Itemid=60 to have an idea of what I mean.

Any help would be most wellcome... :-)

Francis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #74728 by tidhar
I recommend you download and install "Firebug"
That's a firfox extention that allows you to click elements on your page and change their CSS attributes to get a preview of how the page wil look like. You will also be able to see which line of code you
re changing at which CSS file, so you can then manualy change them yourself

More
14 years 6 months ago #74729 by Brent C
I just spent awhile removing padding from the CSS file... start around line 312 in /components/com_k2/css/style.css and work down from there. And Firebug is a huge help!

• Francisco Ferreira
More
14 years 5 months ago #74730 by Francisco Ferreira
Hi again...

I've used firebug to preview the css changes and to identify the files and lines where to make these changes.

I'm having some troubles though, when trying to find, for example:

.componentheading {
color:#C8C8C8;
font-size:250%;
font-weight:bold;
line-height:100%;
margin:0;
padding:5px 0 20px;
}

...which defines style for my k2 headings.

Firebug says it should be found on: www.aleximobiliaria.com/templates/yoo_smoove/css/template.cs...

on line: template...idPx=0.98 (line 1126)

but I've searched in template.css and in layout.css (inside templates/css/ folder) and cannot find this piece of css code.

Can you help me find what I'm doing wrong please?

tidhar said:I recommend you download and install "Firebug" That's a firfox extention that allows you to click elements on your page and change their CSS attributes to get a preview of how the page wil look like. You will also be able to see which line of code you re changing at which CSS file, so you can then manualy change them yourself

More
14 years 5 months ago #74731 by pabs11
hi

did you solve this yet ?

I'm guessingyou might look in the css file for K2, not the template.css. It may be that the main controlling code is there, I would assume.

Sometimes with firebug you need to look further back up the code sequences, and try some code changes there, back up the chain as it were, to effect change, if changing the first listed code that firebug identifies, doesn't seem to work.

Component heading css is located in the template.css, but there are also relevant classes in the appropriate K2 css files that have more customisable or specific control of the same item in question.

It's like a chain of command - ( sorry, I'm not a coder, but that's how I understand it. )

P

Francisco Décio said:Hi again... I've used firebug to preview the css changes and to identify the files and lines where to make these changes.

I'm having some troubles though, when trying to find, for example:

.componentheading {
color:#C8C8C8;
font-size:250%;
font-weight:bold;
line-height:100%;
margin:0;
padding:5px 0 20px;
}

...which defines style for my k2 headings.

Firebug says it should be found on: www.aleximobiliaria.com/templates/yoo_smoove/css/template.cs...

on line: template...idPx=0.98 (line 1126)

but I've searched in template.css and in layout.css (inside templates/css/ folder) and cannot find this piece of css code.

Can you help me find what I'm doing wrong please?

tidhar said:I recommend you download and install "Firebug" That's a firfox extention that allows you to click elements on your page and change their CSS attributes to get a preview of how the page wil look like. You will also be able to see which line of code you re changing at which CSS file, so you can then manualy change them yourself

• Francisco Ferreira
More
14 years 4 months ago #74732 by Francisco Ferreira
Hi,

I've did solve this...

The problem was on the template file. Not on firebug.

My template css is just some lines which call other template css files to be inserted on it. Tht is why i didn't find what firebug was detecting. Now I did... Thanks a lot...

Firebug rules!!!

Francis