Keyword

Please help me eliminate spaces... I've tried Firebug, edited CSS, and got no repsonse from my earlier post...

• Chris Frank
  • Chris Frank's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 5 months ago #75189 by Chris Frank
Hi- I, too, am unable to eliminate the space between to articles in a K2 module; I've used firebug and tried changing about every number in the CSS, still can't get rid of the spaces.

Here it is, module on right: publicimpact.com/public-impact-sandbox

As I saw in another post, it appears as if it's not CSS related- that the module is leaving room for items (like a video) that aren't being displayed, not collapsing as you would desire.

please advise!!

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #75190 by pabs11
hi chris,

I'm not a coder - and there's probably a more professional CSS or other technically better way of doing this, but this is what I did ( adapting it to your page ):

( using the first topic in your right column example "Tough Decisons..." etc )-

Using firebug to select the table around the text " Tough Decisions The decisive step of closing low performing schools " ( the text just after the small image ).

( to see what you have to do ) :

Look on the left side of firebug, under the HTML option / view, to locate the code lines for that text - you'll also see a repeated four lines of "br class="clr"/" ( with the < > included but left out here because the forum won't let the code be printed fully ) - each one of those lines creates one line of space between items in the module. Remove as many as you'd like to reduce the distance between items.

Now you have to find what file that code is on - and I'm guessing it's in whatever the html / layout file is for K2 items ( latest / highest rated or whatever ) . Sorry I can't remember what the K2 modules are categorised as and called, without checking through ftp myself here. But you should be able to find it.

( after I checked my own K2 install ) :
My first guess would be that you'll find the code to remove ( "br class="clr"/" plus the < >) in /modules/mod_k2_content/tmpl/Default/default.php . ( I'm using the Default template - I had to look at my own K2 install to get the pathway ) .

Don't forget to make a backup of the file you're modifying first, in case something goes wrong.

Like I said, there's probably a cleaner, more professional CSS or other, coder's way of achieving your goal, but this worked for me .

Let me know how it goes....hope I haven't been too confusing

P ( from that big island australia )

• Chris Frank
More
14 years 5 months ago #75191 by Chris Frank
Brilliant! Works perfectly, thanks a million!

More
14 years 5 months ago #75192 by Sashen S
@pabs Thanks a mil!!! was pulling out my hair for hours about this!!!! Was almost gonna stop using the component :-)

More
14 years 4 months ago #75193 by Lefki
hi chris,
I have the same problem and I haven't solved it yet.I used as you proposed the firefox firebug and I traced the point that I have the problem.
Afterwards I went to this file: /mod_k2_content/tmpl/Default/default.php and I tried to removebut the problem still exists.The problem appears in class="itemToolbar" of K2Container..Where I can find these?
I am new with Joomla and I have to do a project in my university so I have to find the solution as soon as possible.

How can I eliminate the gaps between items? What am I doing wrong??Please help me..

• Chris Frank
More
14 years 4 months ago #75194 by Chris Frank
there are several instances of the code
( "br class="clr"/" plus the < >) that you need to remove- each instance creates another line space

Did you get them all?

More
14 years 4 months ago #75195 by Lefki
I get them all and you are right the spaces are eliminated.thanks!!!

I have another serious problem..When a top menu link displays a list of items from one or more categories, there is a space that i cannot eliminate.Look the pictures (print screen) of a part of my site.The first one is with the annoying space i cannot remove and the another one is after I delete "br class="clr"/" plus the < >.

As you see the gap of the light blue colour is getting bigger as it takes place the gap I eliminated.What is wrong with the gap???

The same thing is where a top menu link creates a menu item linking directly to an item in K2. There is an annoying space with light blue colour after ItemToolbar (font size,print,email, comment)and "Rate this item".When I used firebug of Firefox and I eliminate "br class="clr"/" plus the < > the space does not disappear it still exists.
Look the attached files..

I suppose this is NOT a problem of "br class="clr"/" and It's something else I can't find.

Who will be my hero and help me???
Attachments: