Keyword

still having issues with whitespace

• bunglehaze
  • bunglehaze's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 5 months ago #75505 by bunglehaze
still having issues with whitespace was created by bunglehaze
Hi folks, the content module that I use extensively seems to have an issue where it either creates a minimum height or excessive padding that I just cant seem to figure out. The result means that where I fit in 5 articles i could perhaps get another 5 with the right formatting.

I have added a screenie to show what I mean, if you look under the two modules with the headers shown you see it clearly where under the title there is a large gap and also underneath the text which is word limited. I would really like to get this more under control so I can add more K2 content boxes.

Any ideas please? Much appreciated for any help

leigh
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #75506 by troponin
Replied by troponin on topic still having issues with whitespace
Use Firebug to figure it out :

See in css div.moduletable_content ul li and delete line-height:210%;

a litte extreme but if you wanna set whitespace off delete margin:1em 0; in p, pre, blockquote, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 {
Another solution would be to set the parameters a little less.

See atached file for how my changes look.
Attachments:

• bunglehaze
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 5 months ago #75507 by bunglehaze
Replied by bunglehaze on topic still having issues with whitespace
Thx Troponin. TBH I have never really used firebug so would not know where to start with it. Looking through the css on my site though I cannot see the line-height:210%; corresponding to that css class (that is in my template rather than k2 template)

I am manually searching the css files now for a 210%

More
14 years 5 months ago #75508 by troponin
it is placed in your template.css of your Gavick Template ;)

bunglehaze said:Thx Troponin. TBH I have never really used firebug so would not know where to start with it. Looking through the css on my site though I cannot see the line-height:210%; corresponding to that css class (that is in my template rather than k2 template)
I am manually searching the css files now for a 210%

• bunglehaze
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 5 months ago #75509 by bunglehaze
Thx Troponin, I had a mess around with it and oddly enough in my virtualbox install of Windows 7 the IE8 still shows massive whitespace, but a more up to date install as my dual boot shows it all fine. However I still have the same problem in Chrome (actually it is much more pronounced in Chrome as you can see in the screenshot)

It has not helped that the Gavick template is so oddly coded, no class has all its css in the same place from what I can see so instead I am starting combining them as much as possible.

One final thing (I hope)...

The links I have uploaded a screenshot of - I have edited just about every bit of css I can find to do with text weight but they still show bigger than I set and in bold. Obviously like this they just look untidy but I cannot for the life of me make them change. Any chance you know offhand what the k2 class I am looking for is?

cheers buddy.

leigh
Attachments:

More
14 years 5 months ago #75510 by Inna Rand
Replied by Inna Rand on topic still having issues with whitespace
Hi,
I have the same problems with big whitespace under the titles. In Mozilla everything look perfect, but in Chrome - very bad. I add screenshot. How we can solve this problem with Chrome?

• bunglehaze
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 5 months ago #75511 by bunglehaze
anyone got ideas? I have been through the K2 CSS and cannot find a class that removes this whitespace.

leigh

More
14 years 5 months ago #75512 by troponin
sry all I can say is that the whitespace looks fine in IE and FF. I didnt use Chrome. MAybe a wrong decoding css from chrome ? The link (bold) should be defined in div.itemNavigation a.itemPrevious

• bunglehaze
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 5 months ago #75513 by bunglehaze
any devs able to shed some light here please? It appears to be the same problem in Safari 4 also...

leigh