Keyword

K2 Templating and css

More
14 years 3 months ago #76929 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic K2 Templating and css
This is the next round of tests that I plan on doing at K2Joom.
I have already started with some categories and test content, next will be the custom css per category.
Keep track here.

GreenDome said:Hi,
I'm currently testing this plug-in, is it true that you cant use the option "Inherit parameter options from category"?

When i use it for a category it also inherits css file too. Which i don't want it to do as my categories need to be same, i just want to change the color options (i.e. font color, H1, H2, H3 and background color etc) for each category via the individual css files.

Thank you,

GD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #76930 by GreenDome
Replied by GreenDome on topic K2 Templating and css
Thanks Simon, i look forward to seeing what your tests show. From what i can see by using the onecss plugin is that if a category inherits parameters then it also inherits the css file regardless if it has its own css file.

K2Joom said:This is the next round of tests that I plan on doing at K2Joom. I have already started with some categories and test content, next will be the custom css per category. Keep track here.

GreenDome said:Hi, I'm currently testing this plug-in, is it true that you cant use the option "Inherit parameter options from category"?
When i use it for a category it also inherits css file too. Which i don't want it to do as my categories need to be same, i just want to change the color options (i.e. font color, H1, H2, H3 and background color etc) for each category via the individual css files.

Thank you,

GD

More
14 years 2 months ago #76931 by GreenDome
Hi Simon,

Just wondering if you had a chance to do some. I'm still struggling to get one css file per category to work when inherit parameters option is chosen.

Thank you
GD

K2Joom said:This is the next round of tests that I plan on doing at K2Joom. I have already started with some categories and test content, next will be the custom css per category.
Keep track here.

GreenDome said:Hi, I'm currently testing this plug-in, is it true that you cant use the option "Inherit parameter options from category"?

Thank you,

GD

More
14 years 2 months ago #76932 by Jiliko.net
Replied by Jiliko.net on topic K2 Templating and css
Hi guys,

I'm checking this point today.

Olivier

More
14 years 2 months ago #76933 by GreenDome
Thanks Oliver for the reply and your help.

GD

Olivier Nolbert said:Hi guys,
I'm checking this point today.

Olivier

More
14 years 2 months ago #76934 by Jiliko.net
@GD,

Yes, yes, yes, when category inherits parameters, it's the theme of the master category which is loaded.

I fix that and come back with a new version soon...

Olivier

More
14 years 2 months ago #76935 by yaani
Replied by yaani on topic K2 Templating and css
Yaani-Mai Gaddy said:JoomlaWorks said:First of all, even if we have a dozen sub-templates used in K2, we can still have 1 global K2 css file (or our joomla template CSS file). There is no reason to load many CSS files to cover the styling of multiple K2 sub-templates. That is why I'm using strict CSS "specificity", so you can make a new menu item fetching K2 with a sub-template and you can give it a "page class suffix" to override or style differently that particular content. This is very clear and it's not subject to any changes. Regarding CSS overrides in v2.2 (coming soon)...
What we've done in 2.2 is provide the ability to template designers to directly override K2's CSS without telling the user to go into K2's parameters and switching the K2 CSS off. The only thing template designers have to do is include 3 additional CSS files in their template's /css folder: k2.css, k2_ie6.css and k2_ie7.css
If they include these 3 files, then K2 will pick them up and ignore its default CSS files. If they don't exist, it will just include the default CSS files.

What would you put in the k2.css, k2_ie6.css & k2_ie7.css files?

Would you copy your template css file & rename it k2.css?

Or would I copy the k2.css file & change the values of those parameters to match my template parameters?

Sorry for the stupid question I am just not very good at css.

More
14 years 2 months ago #76936 by Simon Wells
Copy the k2.css and rename to YOURK2THEME_syle.css where YOURTK2THEME is the name of the new micro theme.

Simon

Yaani-Mai Gaddy said:Yaani-Mai Gaddy said:JoomlaWorks said:First of all, even if we have a dozen sub-templates used in K2, we can still have 1 global K2 css file (or our joomla template CSS file). There is no reason to load many CSS files to cover the styling of multiple K2 sub-templates. That is why I'm using strict CSS "specificity", so you can make a new menu item fetching K2 with a sub-template and you can give it a "page class suffix" to override or style differently that particular content. This is very clear and it's not subject to any changes. Regarding CSS overrides in v2.2 (coming soon)... What we've done in 2.2 is provide the ability to template designers to directly override K2's CSS without telling the user to go into K2's parameters and switching the K2 CSS off. The only thing template designers have to do is include 3 additional CSS files in their template's /css folder: k2.css, k2_ie6.css and k2_ie7.css
If they include these 3 files, then K2 will pick them up and ignore its default CSS files. If they don't exist, it will just include the default CSS files.

What would you put in the k2.css, k2_ie6.css & k2_ie7.css files?

Would you copy your template css file & rename it k2.css?

Or would I copy the k2.css file & change the values of those parameters to match my template parameters?

Sorry for the stupid question I am just not very good at css.

More
14 years 2 months ago #76937 by Jiliko.net
NEW VERSION : v1.2

- New parameter : Force Original Theme -> If set to 'yes', the original theme of the category is loaded even if the category inherits from another one

- New parameter : Force Default Theme -> If set to 'yes ' AND 'Force Original Theme' too, the original theme of the category is loaded even if it's the k2 default theme

See Pdf file...

Olivier
Attachments:

More
14 years 2 months ago #76938 by Simon Wells
Hi Olivier Great job.
I will be testing this and updating the K2Joom.com review and downloads for this later.

Any other K2 mods coming?

Thanks Simon

Olivier Nolbert said:NEW VERSION : v1.2
- New parameter : Force Original Theme -> If set to 'yes', the original theme of the category is loaded even if the category inherits from another one

- New parameter : Force Default Theme -> If set to 'yes ' AND 'Force Original Theme' too, the original theme of the category is loaded even if it's the k2 default theme

See Pdf file...

Olivier