Keyword

mod_k2_tools Menu Styling Improvements

• Omar Ramos
  • Omar Ramos's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #78071 by Omar Ramos
mod_k2_tools Menu Styling Improvements was created by Omar Ramos
I just wanted to make a few comments regarding mod_k2_tools menu styling that would be really helpful for integration into sites using Joomlart (and very possibly RocketTheme) templates that already have styling for <ul>'s containing the "menu" class.This is for the Categories List (Menu) functionality of the module.For example, in a QuickStart Joomlart Template package, the Main Menu modules already come with a module class suffix of _menu applied. This helps partly, but it doesn't actually apply any of the pretty styling (the Categories List still gets output with basic <ul> styling).The main reason for this is due to the menu class not being present in the output for the categories list, which can be easily remedied by editing the treerecurse function within the mod_k2_tools helper.php file at line 267:if ($level == 0) {     $output .= '<ul class="menu">';} else {     $output .= '<ul class="level'.$level.'">';   }I also removed the level part from the 0 level because in JA's Kyanite II template (and I'm sure any of their templates using the Mega Menu module) the CSS file for the Mega Menu already has a declaration for ul.level0 which adds a float: left attribute that messed up the rendering for me in that particular template.I hope this helps make K2 more compatible out of the box with a wider variety of Joomla templates :-).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.