Keyword

Thumbnails created, but they all have the same size as the original?

• Daniel Duvald
  • Daniel Duvald's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #78481 by Daniel Duvald
Hi,

I have a problem with the thumbnails that should be generated and stored under media/k2/items/cache/

I created a testitem and uploaded an image in frontend and backend. All the generated images in cache folder have the same size as the original.

I have GD image lib installed (bundled (2.0.34 compatible) )Server is running php 5.3
Problem has been confirmed across two Snow Leopard Servers with different websites.
Where do I start debugging? What could be the issue?

Thanks
Daniel
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #78482 by Simon Wells
Please check the K2 Parameters.
In the light box style pop up, you will have the ability to set the default image sizes.
Also, check the Category and or Item parameters for image sizes too.

I suspect that is why you have the same sizes.

The function is working on other sites, so not necessarily a bug.

Check those details and reply back.

• Daniel Duvald
More
14 years 2 months ago #78483 by Daniel Duvald
K2Joom said:Please check the K2 Parameters. In the light box style pop up, you will have the ability to set the default image sizes.
Also, check the Category and or Item parameters for image sizes too.

I suspect that is why you have the same sizes.

The function is working on other sites, so not necessarily a bug.

Check those details and reply back.

Please look at my settings - I don't believe this to be a settings issue though.

Thanks,
Daniel
Attachments:

• Daniel Duvald
More
14 years 2 months ago #78484 by Daniel Duvald
You can see an example here: www.carsite.dk/marked/itemlist/category/2-biler.html
Take a look at the blue mustang at the right. That image should have been a 200px width thumb, but the actual image ( www.carsite.dk/media/k2/items/cache/2fa67f482133f1c934235b73c2a03954_S.jpg ) is the same size as the original image that I uploaded.

More
14 years 2 months ago #78485 by Simon Wells
The thumbnail i see is 200px.
When click on the link, the item image is 600px.
When the image is clicked, full image is displayed in light box at 1024px.

If you are not seeing these sizes, the clear our cache. Do you have cache turned on?

Daniel Duvald said:You can see an example here: www.carsite.dk/marked/itemlist/category/2-biler.html Take a look at the blue mustang at the right. That image should have been a 200px width thumb, but the actual image ( www.carsite.dk/media/k2/items/cache/2fa67f482133f1c934235b73... ) is the same size as the original image that I uploaded.

• Daniel Duvald
More
14 years 2 months ago #78486 by Daniel Duvald
Try and right click the image and open it in a new window - the reason you see the image only being 200px wide is because of the html width is set to 200px. The actual image www.carsite.dk/media/k2/items/cache/2fa67f482133f1c934235b73... is 1024px wide.

You can also see the end of the filename is _S.jpg indicating that this should be the small image (200px) - the problem is the physical size of the image, not the width set by html code.

K2Joom said:The thumbnail i see is 200px. When click on the link, the item image is 600px. When the image is clicked, full image is displayed in light box at 1024px.

If you are not seeing these sizes, the clear our cache. Do you have cache turned on?

Daniel Duvald said:You can see an example here: www.carsite.dk/marked/itemlist/category/2-biler.html Take a look at the blue mustang at the right. That image should have been a 200px width thumb, but the actual image ( www.carsite.dk/media/k2/items/cache/2fa67f482133f1c934235b73... ) is the same size as the original image that I uploaded.

• Daniel Duvald
More
14 years 2 months ago #78487 by Daniel Duvald
Please also note, as I wrote in my first post - a friend of mine has another snow leopard server like mine, and he confirmed the problem also exists on his system.

Thumbnail images are created, but they have the exact same physical size as the original image.