Keyword

How to place a created article on a front page

• Anya Debnam
  • Anya Debnam's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #78627 by Anya Debnam
I would like for all articles I create with K2 to be appeared on front page, mainbody (not as a link under Tools or Content modules, but as a text with pictures). Same, as now a new article appeares on front page if I use Joomla menu/ Content/Article Manager.

Is it possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Anya Debnam
More
14 years 3 months ago #78628 by Anya Debnam
Replied by Anya Debnam on topic How to place a created article on a front page
Any suggestions, please? Or it is just not possible? Does no one want their article appear on front page?

• Lara Lee Templemore-Walters
More
14 years 3 months ago #78629 by Lara Lee Templemore-Walters
Replied by Lara Lee Templemore-Walters on topic How to place a created article on a front page
Hi there

the way I got around it, is you create a category for all home page articles, all front page articles link to the home category.

Then create a K2 menu link > category > Home and link it to your home category, this way all articles will display on your home page. Remember to make this your default menu.

Hope this helps

• Anya Debnam
More
14 years 3 months ago #78630 by Anya Debnam
Thanks a lot. But it changes all layout of the Front page, cutting out flash banner. Is it any way to place the article in the mainbody (where is articles now) of front page?
Is it really that difficult?

More
14 years 3 months ago #78631 by HomesteadMommy
Replied by HomesteadMommy on topic How to place a created article on a front page
You could use one of the K2 mods to show all, featured or selected items on the front page. Then place the mod in the position you want. This way you wouldn't have to change your home page to a K2 page.
I just did the same thing on my site but couldn't get the grid layout I wanted with it. (I'm pretty new with K2) But it does make a nice list format.

Anya Debnam said:Thanks a lot. But it changes all layout of the Front page, cutting out flash banner. Is it any way to place the article in the mainbody (where is articles now) of front page? Is it really that difficult?

• Anya Debnam
More
14 years 3 months ago #78632 by Anya Debnam
So, finally, can you see WHOLE article with pictures on the front page or it isjust a list? And can we get involved someone from JoomlaWorks, please?

More
14 years 3 months ago #78633 by robm
Just make a new menu link. Link to K2 category and select all categories (or select categories by holding CTRL)
Change the setting to your own need with the parameters. Make the link standard so all articles within the categories you selected will appear on the frontpage.

I think this is what you need?

Anya Debnam said:So, finally, can you see WHOLE article with pictures on the front page or it isjust a list? And can we get involved someone from JoomlaWorks, please?

• Anya Debnam
More
14 years 3 months ago #78634 by Anya Debnam
Rob Molenaar, thank you for your participation, but is it not the same way that Lara Lee Templemore-Walters suggested on Feb.,13-th?

More
14 years 3 months ago #78635 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic How to place a created article on a front page
For any K2 item you want to appear on your front page, I would recommned to create a "front page" category for them to be placed in.
This will then allow you to set the parameters of that category to suit, including item images, leading, primary seconday layouts, introtext, author details, social buttons etc etc.

Then in Joomla Menu Manager, create a new Menu Item (Home) which links to the K2 Categories, select your "front page" category and then set it as default.

This is exactly how K2Joom.com homepage is setup, but only to show the item intro images, of course, the skys the limit with K2.

Regards,

K2Joom.com

More
14 years 3 months ago #78636 by Rastislav Klc
Replied by Rastislav Klc on topic How to place a created article on a front page
I do not think there is easy way of adding multiple full articles on single page. They are snippets, that are linked to main artile (item), but they can contain introtext, pictures, title, author etc... It just needs to be set in linked category...

I guess listing full articles would be possible with little php used in template.