K2 content module - Display AuthorDescription

• Pablo Ambram
  • Pablo Ambram's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #78754 by Pablo Ambram
K2 content module - Display AuthorDescription was created by Pablo Ambram
What I'm trying to achieve is to have a module in the frontpage that
will list the authors alongside their bio's, and linked to their latest
article. I have set a special category that holds all the articles, and that category is what I set K2 module to display from.So, I'm trying to display, additionally to what it is displaying by default, within the K2 module the Author's description (or bio) as it appears on the user.php template page. I thought it would be as easy as copying from user.php the following relevant code into the K2 module template:$user = &JFactory::getUser();<?php if ($this->params->get('userDescription') && isset($this->user->profile->description)): ?>        <p class="userDescription"><?php echo $this->user->profile->description; ?></p>        <?php endif; ?>But end up with nothing. Does anyone have any idea or guidelines that can help me achieve this?Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• olsen
  • Elite Member
  • Joomla and K2 Freelancer
More
14 years 3 months ago #78755 by olsen
See this link and you will find the way to achieve it.
These mod was made for K2v2.1 so probably dont work with actual version but you can check and fix it.

I am so busy know but if i find some time i will try to update it.

rgds

Didn't solve your issues?? Why dont you consider hire me? Email me or contact me www.xevedigital.com for details

• Pablo Ambram
More
14 years 3 months ago #78756 by Pablo Ambram
Replied by Pablo Ambram on topic K2 content module - Display AuthorDescription
olsen said:See this link and you will find the way to achieve it. These mod was made for K2v2.1 so probably dont work with actual version but you can check and fix it.

I am so busy know but if i find some time i will try to update it.

rgds

Hi olsen, I've installed your modded module and seems to be working fine for me, I'm just customizing it a bit but in all other senses it it exactly what I needed! The only issue that maybe you know how to customize that it doesn't show the "Administrator" author, but only the authors from the specified category. I've double checked that Admin has no articles written under that category but it's still showing.

Thanks!

• olsen
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 3 months ago #78757 by olsen
Nice to know that still working. :)
I cant understand what you mean exactly about showing admin author. Can you explain better??

Rgds

Didn't solve your issues?? Why dont you consider hire me? Email me or contact me www.xevedigital.com for details

• Pablo Ambram
More
14 years 3 months ago #78758 by Pablo Ambram
olsen said:Nice to know that still working. :) I cant understand what you mean exactly about showing admin author. Can you explain better??

Rgds

What I mean is that I have 5 authors, and me who am the Administrator of the site. As the administrator I published some of the articles myself, but I dont want the K2-tools modded module to show this user's articles. Rather, I'd like it to show every other user who is not the Administrator user. Is this more clear?

Thanks!

• olsen
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 3 months ago #78759 by olsen
But this issue its not related with the authors description, is it??.
mod_k2_tools has an option to filter authors by root category, so if you publish your admin articles on different categories and set the correct categories on k2tools it should work.
Otherwise K2 issue related.
Let me know!

Rgds

• Pablo Ambram
More
14 years 3 months ago #78760 by Pablo Ambram
olsen said:But this issue its not related with the authors description, is it??. mod_k2_tools has an option to filter authors by root category, so if you publish your admin articles on different categories and set the correct categories on k2tools it should work.
Otherwise K2 issue related.
Let me know!

Rgds

Olsen, you were correct, I had written one article as an Administrator within that category. I published it in a different category and now your module works perfect! Thanks for such a quick and easy resolution to a problem that I'd been trying to correct for 2 weeks now.

Cheers!

• olsen
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 3 months ago #78761 by olsen
You wellcome bud!!

rgds

• Pablo Ambram
More
14 years 2 months ago #78762 by Pablo Ambram
Olsen how are you? I'm using the module on my site ecuadorinsensato.com, on the right side, and as you can see it's working wonders, thanks!

If you can see this post, I would like to have your opinion on the following about this module:

I would like to display the newer published items on top and the older on bottom always. Where would I need to edit to make this happen?

Thanks again!

olsen said:You wellcome bud!! rgds

More
14 years 2 months ago #78763 by fresco
Hi Pablo, i like the way you show authors in your site, would you share with the community the way you did it?
Expecially displaying the last articles' content just below title and author's name...

Pablo Ambram said:Olsen how are you? I'm using the module on my site ecuadorinsensato.com, on the right side, and as you can see it's working wonders, thanks!
If you can see this post, I would like to have your opinion on the following about this module:

I would like to display the newer published items on top and the older on bottom always. Where would I need to edit to make this happen?

Thanks again!

olsen said:You wellcome bud!! rgds