Keyword

.gif images uploaded as .jpg

• Steve Tustin
  • Steve Tustin's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #78930 by Steve Tustin
.gif images uploaded as .jpg was created by Steve Tustin
I've got a lot of .gif files with transparency. When I upload them, they appear in the cache as .jpg files and therefore not transparent. Using: J1.5.15 and K2 2.2This looks like they are hardcoded in the backend /administrator/components/com_k2/models/items.php at lines 383-389, lines 427-440 (and probably more)Shouldn't this use something like:From:if (JFile::exists($sourceImage))      JFile::copy($sourceImage, JPATH_ROOT.DS.'media'.DS.'k2'.DS.'items'.DS.'src'.DS.md5("Image".$row->id).'.jpg');To: if (JFile::exists($sourceImage))
      JFile::copy($sourceImage,
JPATH_ROOT.DS.'media'.DS.'k2'.DS.'items'.DS.'src'.DS.md5("Image".$row->id).JFile::getExt($sourceImage));

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Steve Tustin
More
14 years 1 month ago #78931 by Steve Tustin
Replied by Steve Tustin on topic .gif images uploaded as .jpg
Does anyone know of a fix for this?

More
14 years 1 month ago #78932 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic .gif images uploaded as .jpg
Hi. This cannot be considered as a bug. This is how it was designed to work. All images are converted in jpg format.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Steve Tustin
More
14 years 1 month ago #78933 by Steve Tustin
Whilst not a bug, it seems strange that uploading a non-jpg file gets converted to a jpg and isn't immediately obvious.

I appreciate that this is a rare occasion but could we add this to the list of requests?

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. This cannot be considered as a bug. This is how it was designed to work. All images are converted in jpg format.

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #78934 by abcd1234
Replied by abcd1234 on topic .gif images uploaded as .jpg
Hi,

There are no possibility to conserve the original format of images? Even with a hack?

Thanks

• Steve Tustin
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #78935 by Steve Tustin
AFAIK, not without some hacking. You can get this to work but putting the image into the description of the category/product, but of course you then need to link it manually which is a real PITA.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #78936 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic .gif images uploaded as .jpg
Hi Lefteris,
Although not a bug as that was how it was intended to work, could you advise how this can be changed to allow .gif and .png to be used?

Simon
K2Joom.com

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. This cannot be considered as a bug. This is how it was designed to work. All images are converted in jpg format.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #78937 by Paulette Nelsen
Replied by Paulette Nelsen on topic .gif images uploaded as .jpg
I too am stumped with this. The only way around this is for me to disable the K2 css. I don't want to do this, as I really like the k2 layout. Disabled, the .png file is transparent. Enabled, it has the nasty white box around it. I spent over an hour trying to figure out what was wrong with my CS4, or trying to figure out if I was just doing it wrong. Finally I discovered that I was indeed not losing my mind. It was K2. I can disable the css, but jeez.