Keyword

Joomlart Google translate plugin

• bunglehaze
  • bunglehaze's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 3 months ago #79019 by bunglehaze
Joomlart Google translate plugin was created by bunglehaze
Hi folks, have any of you attempted or know how to extend the function of the joomlart Google translate plugin across to K2? I am looking to make my site as multilingual as possible and must admit to knowing nothing on how to do this - that said the video shows a decent translation system and of course K2 loses out on being able to use the functionality by not having the Joomla article structuring.All help appreciated though - I am also open to suggestions for products that WILL work with K2 to translate in this way.leigh :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #79020 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Joomlart Google translate plugin
Hi Leigh,

Check out our page at K2Joom.com.

We use Gtranslate module, published in custom position, of course, you can publish anywhere.
This translation module allows you to select which language you want, if you wants flags, size etc.
Very easy to use translates in the page and does not load any Google pages.

Regards,

K2Joom.com

More
14 years 3 months ago #79021 by Gobezu Sewu
Replied by Gobezu Sewu on topic Joomlart Google translate plugin
@K2Joom the translation module seems to do it neatly, although i really had hard time discovering the flags right below the huge banner and was almost about to get back here and write if you really have such module on your site (and the irony of it all, right below it there was a joomlart banner)

BUT although that module does do things transparently (w/o loading google frames) it will not do you any favor in terms of seo as its all ajax based, then again maybe @bunglehaze doesn't need the seo aspect, if so knock yourself out

@bunglehaze have you acquired the joomlart plugin already and seen how it works? i wish they had demo, but they have a youtube video instead argggh which i can't access from my slow connection.

• bunglehaze
  • bunglehaze's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 3 months ago #79022 by bunglehaze
Replied by bunglehaze on topic Joomlart Google translate plugin
I have indeed tried the plugin, it appears to only translate the intro text on my site and not the main text after the readmore (which I use extensively)

I may have a look at gtranslate pro as it seems to deal with SEF Urls which I need and also caching. Also have any of you used Realyna's translate package?

leigh

More
14 years 3 months ago #79023 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Joomlart Google translate plugin
Hi Leigh,

Gtranslate is the only one for me, have used on all sites for well of a year now, then found it worked with K2 and stuck with it.
It also works on the full items and also if you check K2Joom.com, you will see it also translates the comments and tweets in the footer.

I am always open to trying something new, but if it ain't broke . . . . . :)

Simon

bunglehaze said:I have indeed tried the plugin, it appears to only translate the intro text on my site and not the main text after the readmore (which I use extensively)
I may have a look at gtranslate pro as it seems to deal with SEF Urls which I need and also caching. Also have any of you used Realyna's translate package?

leigh

More
14 years 3 months ago #79024 by Gobezu Sewu
Replied by Gobezu Sewu on topic Joomlart Google translate plugin
@bunglehaze thanks for letting me know, that was practically the only reason to get myself an extension membership on joomlart

as for gtranslate pro, the only thing that tells against it for me is its a locked code, albeit with life time update and their price is per site so...... my verdict is that if i ever get around to really need it, i will spend the time and do my own, as there doesn't seem to be any other options