Keyword

Error with Demo Plugin :)

• Alexis Hilton Hope
  • Alexis Hilton Hope's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #79412 by Alexis Hilton Hope
Error with Demo Plugin :) was created by Alexis Hilton Hope
Hey all,loving the potential for K2 plug-ins. Just upgraded my local K2 Joomla which only had K2 installed, and a adsense sharing module I hacked together editing core joomla users.xml with a publisher ID and channel ID.And installed the demo youtube plug-in to give it a test drive.Off the bat fantastic, I can see the field coming up in the users account page and new item form.Getting a strange error (there might be a fix already, forgive me if I'm lazy posting here).Catchable fatal error: Object of class JObject could not be converted to string in C:\wamp\www\joomla\wordwolf\administrator\components\com_k2\views\item\tmpl\default.php on line 256which is this line<?php if(count($this->K2PluginsItemOther) && implode('',$this->K2PluginsItemOther)): ?>After commenting this out I get a similar thing on line 572, can not convert to string.Have I missed something?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Alexis Hilton Hope
  • Alexis Hilton Hope's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #79413 by Alexis Hilton Hope
Replied by Alexis Hilton Hope on topic Error with Demo Plugin :)
OK the new plugin works a dream. No errors and a lovely little piece of code to reference.
Does anyone know of backend events for k2 plugins, and how they work?
The front end ones make sense. But do I use the Joomla onBeforeContentSave or k2 onK2BeforeContentSave? I've tried both but I think my confusion is in the Jtable or k2 item that's being passed into these event listeners.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.