Keyword

CSS editing from K2 administrative back-end

• WritersLatte
  • WritersLatte's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #81808 by WritersLatte
CSS editing from K2 administrative back-end was created by WritersLatte
I love K2, and although more and more template creators are implementing K2 styles, I still need to tweak them pretty often.So what I would really like to do is be able to edit the k2.css from within the back end of Joomla, rather than always uploading a new file.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #81809 by Dylan
Hi Marni. Why not just copy the k2.css to your Joomla template directory and add an @import k2.css in the very top of your template's default css file. If you do that as a standard procedure for each template that isn't a lot of work and you can edit css from the backend

• WritersLatte
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #81810 by WritersLatte
Replied by WritersLatte on topic CSS editing from K2 administrative back-end
Thanks Dylan. I have done this on smaller sites, and it works great. It especially helped in learning all the K2 classes. This is more of a 'wish list' post. On one of my larger sites I've gone slightly over the top. I have multiple K2 templates; a blog layout, article layout, and directory layout. :)

Dylan said:Hi Marni. Why not just copy the k2.css to your Joomla template directory and add an @import k2.css in the very top of your template's default css file. If you do that as a standard procedure for each template that isn't a lot of work and you can edit css from the backend

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #81811 by william white
Replied by william white on topic CSS editing from K2 administrative back-end
There is a comment here somewhere that talks about coping the k2.css to your template/html/k2/YOURTEMPLATE directory and renaming it YOURTEMPLATE.CSS and overriding the default css for just that template. Dont think you can edit them from the backend by doing that, but you can make different changes to different templates and then choose them.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #81812 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic CSS editing from K2 administrative back-end
Hi William, you might be thinking of the css4k2 plugin?

Full details of templating found here and the ccs4k2 can be found here.

William White said:There is a comment here somewhere that talks about coping the k2.css to your template/html/k2/YOURTEMPLATE directory and renaming it YOURTEMPLATE.CSS and overriding the default css for just that template. Dont think you can edit them from the backend by doing that, but you can make different changes to different templates and then choose them.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #81813 by Dylan
I admit the core Joomla versus K2 terminology can be confusing at times, but copying to /templates/your_joomla_template/html/k2/your_k2_template is not what I mean. I'm talking about k2.css copied to /templates/your_joomla_template/css/k2.css

That is not for the k2 sub-templates but for the default k2.css classes.

Config K2 not to use K2.css, all k2.css are defined in your_joomla_template and it will show in the list of files when clicking edit css from the Joomla backend through Extensions > template manager > edit cssWilliam White said:There is a comment here somewhere that talks about coping the k2.css to your template/html/k2/YOURTEMPLATE directory and renaming it YOURTEMPLATE.CSS and overriding the default css for just that template. Dont think you can edit them from the backend by doing that, but you can make different changes to different templates and then choose them.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #81814 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic CSS editing from K2 administrative back-end
Hi Dylan,

No problem, just passing the info to William.

Simon

Dylan said:I admit the core Joomla versus K2 terminology can be confusing at times, but copying to /templates/your_joomla_template/html/k2/your_k2_template is not what I mean. I'm talking about k2.css copied to /templates/your_joomla_template/css/k2.css
That is not for the k2 sub-templates but for the default k2.css classes.

Config K2 not to use K2.css, all k2.css are defined in your_joomla_template and it will show in the list of files when clicking edit css from the Joomla backend through Extensions > template manager > edit cssWilliam White said:There is a comment here somewhere that talks about coping the k2.css to your template/html/k2/YOURTEMPLATE directory and renaming it YOURTEMPLATE.CSS and overriding the default css for just that template. Dont think you can edit them from the backend by doing that, but you can make different changes to different templates and then choose them.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #81815 by william white
Replied by william white on topic CSS editing from K2 administrative back-end
I understsnd
At some ptoint it becomes preference as I always use fireftp to push back and forth and keep the latest copy of what I'm working on on a usb stick

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #81816 by Dylan
For me, I never use Joomla back-end to edit any template files. No color coding plus I keep stuff intentionally outside of /templates/joomla_template/css

• WritersLatte
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #81817 by WritersLatte
Replied by WritersLatte on topic CSS editing from K2 administrative back-end
I don't make major changes from within Joomla either. But sometimes I just need to tweak one or two things. That's when I don't want to use ftp to upload, download, or sync.