Keyword

extra field issue

• gavin hookham
  • gavin hookham's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 9 months ago #86216 by gavin hookham
extra field issue was created by gavin hookham
Hi all....Have come across a problem with dropdown or radio button extra fields.For example I have an item which uses the following extra field (as a drop down)HONDAKAWASAKISUZUKIYAMAHASo four options for example.Now if I choose SUZUKI for example everything is fine...until I choose to remove HONDA from the list (for example)...I go back to my item and it now shows YAMAHA...ie by deleting one of the options above it, means everything has moved up one.Rather than the selection sticking with SUZUKI it sticks with the 3RD OPTION on the list.Hope that makes sense and someone can shed some light on it.I have a site with 600 items and at some point I may wish to delete one of the extra field options...and I dont want to go throughthem all and change themThanksGavin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #86217 by william white
Replied by william white on topic extra field issue
Look in the table in phpmyadmin
k2 stores the values of the extra fields in a text string with seperators - all in one field
the code explodes the text string into an array which is referenced in a loop
I would assume that the values of the radio or dropdown list are done the same way and are referenced from the extra field value with a position pointing to an element in another array.
If all of this is the case(untested) then you would have to have a script to straiten things out every time you delete an extra field option

More
13 years 9 months ago #86218 by ke soc
Replied by ke soc on topic extra field issue
Does this happen when you delete the item? Or just unpublish it?

Does unpublishing it automatically remove it from your list or do you have to manually remove it?

More
10 years 10 months ago #86219 by Jordi Albareda
Replied by Jordi Albareda on topic Re: extra field issue
HI! I have the same problem. How did you solve it?

Many thanks in advance