Keyword

Facebook 'like' button

More
13 years 6 days ago #87131 by Pete Stevens
Replied by Pete Stevens on topic Facebook 'like' button
Hi Ryan,

it seems to me that you have maybe misunderstood my instructions. You need to disable the plugin in the category and enable it in the item. The confusing bit is that within the category looking at the parameters on the right hand side you select the 'item view options in category listings' set of parameters, then scroll down to Advanced and change 'Enable k2 plugins' from yes to No - this is all done within the category not the item. Hope that clarifies.

Ryan James Ayres said:

To Pete

I finally got around to using your example about disabling The K2 Plugins in order for it to only show in item view but not category view. When I disabled it in item view like you mentioned, that is exactly what it did. I could see it in category view still but not item view. I want to be able to just have it in item view and Not category view.. Any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #87132 by Ryan James Ayres
Replied by Ryan James Ayres on topic Facebook 'like' button
This fb link content plugin to generate the 1st graphic in article doesn't seem to show up on K2 items for me. I have looked at the "view source" from my browser on content blogs but on K2 content I cannot see any of the script loading for this plugin.

More
12 years 11 months ago #87133 by Craig Pearson
Replied by Craig Pearson on topic Facebook 'like' button
You can always go into your K2 template (that your using with your category - default, if your not using a custom one) and in category_item.php look for <!-- Plugins: AfterDisplayContent --> and comment out the "$this->item->event->AfterDisplayContent" line below it. This will stop the any plug in from running there. (provided you plugin in is set to below content otherwise same can apply for above content)

What I like to do for more control is to use a 'like' module instead of a plug in and then in conjunction with the Modules Anywhere plugin in, call that module in whatever template I want in whatever position I want with {module xxxx|xhtml} (xxxx being the module ID). The templates are pretty easy to figure in where its outputting stuff and placing the module call is easy.

• pamidipadudravid
More
12 years 10 months ago #87134 by pamidipadudravid
Replied by pamidipadudravid on topic Facebook 'like' button
small dought, can we have facebook unlike button?

• pamidipadudravid
More
12 years 10 months ago #87135 by pamidipadudravid
Replied by pamidipadudravid on topic Facebook 'like' button
actully i used this in  my site, but in category layout page, if user  click like to one item , the  entire likes count is incresing for all items  to category page.....

98.172.83.141:8086/fun/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item...

this is my site....

clear my problem please?

More
12 years 10 months ago #87136 by Wilson Díaz
Replied by Wilson Díaz on topic Facebook 'like' button
I had another problem, when I click on the like button, Facebook shows another title.

More
12 years 9 months ago #87137 by Maximilian Enders
Replied by Maximilian Enders on topic Facebook 'like' button
I tried to get this working. The LikeButton does show up, but I can't get the content image plugin to work.

It seems like it doesn't work on k2 items. The Plugin does not set the og:image tag.

Anyone got a solution for this?

More
12 years 9 months ago #87138 by George Savvoglou
Replied by George Savvoglou on topic Facebook 'like' button
when i press like button it working but it says nexto like error and put me this message The page failed to provide a valid list of administrators. It needs to specify the administrators using either a "fb:app_id" meta tag, or using a "fb:admins" meta tag to specify a comma-delimited list of Facebook users.Anyone can help?

More
12 years 8 months ago #87139 by Mohit DHULL
Replied by Mohit DHULL on topic Facebook 'like' button
Step 1.  Add  xmlns:og=’ogp.me/ns#’ and xmlns:fb=’www.facebook.com/2008/fbml’ in the <HTML>  tab. 
Your code should look like this: 
&lt;html xmlns="www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
      href="http://ogp.me/ns#" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">ogp.me/ns#”
      href="https://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml"&gt" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">www.facebook.com/2008/fbml">;

George Savvoglou said:
when i press like button it working but it says nexto like error and put me this message The page failed to provide a valid list of administrators. It needs to specify the administrators using either a "fb:app_id" meta tag, or using a "fb:admins" meta tag to specify a comma-delimited list of Facebook users.Anyone can help?