Keyword

k2 comments not publishing instantly.

More
11 years 7 months ago #103463 by neil
Hi Guys,

I'm setting up a website here: www.neilcawse.co.uk/testarea/rchousefull/

I've noticed now that If I comment on an article the text next to the submit button just says "Comment added! Refreshing page..." but doesn't refresh the page.

Have I got a conflict somewhere?

If I emply the cache the comments appear, but of course thats not right.

Any help or pointer in the righ direction would really help.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #103464 by neil
oh and I get this message if I try to refresh the cache in extention manager:

"

Failed loading XML file
/home3/neilcaw1/public_html/testarea/rchousefull/administrator/components/com_k2/k2.xml
XML: failed to load external entity "/home3/neilcaw1/public_html/testarea/rchousefull/administrator/components/com_k2/k2.xml"
Failed loading XML file
/home3/neilcaw1/public_html/testarea/rchousefull/administrator/components/com_k2/k2.xml
XML: failed to load external entity "/home3/neilcaw1/public_html/testarea/rchousefull/administrator/components/com_k2/k2.xml"

"

More
11 years 7 months ago #103465 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: k2 comments not publishing instantly.
Hi. Try to update K2 to it's latest stable version. Then try to clean the browser cache.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
11 years 7 months ago #103466 by neil
Tried all that.

I stripped it all down, reinstalled K2, unpublished all the extentioneds from the extention manger - then it worked, it commented straight away. Trial and error narrowed it down to "plg_system_gavickExtCache" plug-in being published.

By unpublishing it the comments appeared straight away,

problem solved.

More
11 years 7 months ago #103467 by neil
I've installed stable joomla 2.5.6
installed gk_twn2 (template)
installed k2_v2.5.7 - then I get the error if I refresh cache via the extention manager

Failed loading XML file
Failed loading XML file

I've updated K2 but still get the same error message.........

More
11 years 7 months ago #103468 by Lefteris
Is this happening under the update section of the extension manager? Have you tried again? Also try to update Joomla! to 2.5.7 in case the issue is coming from Joomla!

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #103469 by neil
Yep upgradd to 2.5.7,

if I go to extention manager, then mange --> select everything, then click refresh cache I get this.

Failed loading XML file
/home3/neilcaw1/public_html/testarea/rchouse/administrator/components/com_k2/k2.xml
XML: failed to load external entity "/home3/neilcaw1/public_html/testarea/rchouse/administrator/components/com_k2/k2.xml"
Failed loading XML file
/home3/neilcaw1/public_html/testarea/rchouse/administrator/components/com_k2/k2.xml
XML: failed to load external entity "/home3/neilcaw1/public_html/testarea/rchouse/administrator/components/com_k2/k2.xml"
Failed loading XML file
/home3/neilcaw1/public_html/testarea/rchouse/plugins/system/parameters/parameters.xml
XML: failed to load external entity "/home3/neilcaw1/public_html/testarea/rchouse/plugins/system/parameters/parameters.xml"
Failed loading XML file
/home3/neilcaw1/public_html/testarea/rchouse/plugins/system/parameters/parameters.xml
XML: failed to load external entity "/home3/neilcaw1/public_html/testarea/rchouse/plugins/system/parameters/parameters.xml"

Everything is upgraded to the max.....

look at www.neilcawse.co.uk/testarea/rchouse now, did a fresh install but same problems.

More
11 years 7 months ago #103470 by Lefteris
We will look at this issue. Thanks for reporting this.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
5 years 1 month ago #171366 by xiaodong
Replied by xiaodong on topic k2 comments not publishing instantly.
I got the same problem. I reinstalled K2. K2 did not work any more. Every time I reinstall K2. It added com_k2 on the Extension Manager. These com_k2 can not be removed. See attached file.
Attachments:

More
5 years 1 month ago #171367 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic k2 comments not publishing instantly.
@xiaodong What Joomla version is that?

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---