Keyword

Does K2 allow custom front end "item" submission?

• Dzumla
  • Dzumla's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 4 months ago #106840 by Dzumla
Hello people,

Is it possible in k2 to for guests / registered users to submit articles / items that are custom made in the backend?

For example, can I make an item with inputs such as: "title", "description", "price range", "upload images" and have that in the front end for guests to submit?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #106841 by william white

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #167009 by Andrew Winkler
Replied by Andrew Winkler on topic Re: Does K2 allow custom front end "item" submission?
Above functionality is great, however it still uses the rather Spartanic standard K2 frontend submission form with all the custom fields for the category tucked away in the extra fields tab, not necessarily in the best possible order, and with virtually no formatablity. Especially the multiple choice field needs improvement. I'm looking for a K2 extension/plugin that will allow me to create formatted frontend submission forms that write the content directly to the K2 item table. Ideally, those forms should have conditional fields, depending on what the user entered in a field above, and features such as multiple tabs and accordion to make the form more user friendly.

Even better would be if such extension was also able to design the custom frontend layout template so that admin doesn't need to engage in php coding.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Andrew Winkler.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 1 month ago #167029 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Does K2 allow custom front end "item" submission?
I do not know of an extension, K2 Story was once available but I have never tried it.
You can look at JoomReem's site for some K2 related plugins.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)