Keyword

[SOLVED] JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 42

• Sharafath jamil
  • Sharafath jamil's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 11 months ago #113295 by Sharafath jamil
Hi,

i am facing some problem using K2

I have just installed the Template for Joomla and when I click on the Blog menu item it comes up with the following error. What is the problem?

(( JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 42 )))

also you can see screenshot following and also attached it:

www.dropbox.com/s/dolkuud6opms7hq/problem1.jpg www.dropbox.com/s/l7fk6t3aqgxnkq7/problem2.jpg

Just let me know, how can i solve this problem?
please help

Regards,
jamil
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #113296 by Majdy
hi
I suppose you install a new quickstart package, you need to change the author user of the article to other author he exist in the users management

• Sharafath jamil
More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #113297 by Sharafath jamil
Replied by Sharafath jamil on topic Re: JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 42
Thanks to you for quick response. yes, i install quickstart package.
would you please tell me, how i can add author / change the author user of the article to other author he exist in the users management in Joomla and explain it details

More
10 years 11 months ago #113298 by Majdy
as any regular user you can create in the front by user register or in the backend in user management, after that you should assigned him to author group or any other group.

• Sharafath jamil
More
10 years 11 months ago #113299 by Sharafath jamil
Replied by Sharafath jamil on topic Re: JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 42
Thanks a lot. its solve

More
10 years 11 months ago #113300 by Majdy

Sharafath jamil wrote: Thanks to you for quick response. yes, i install quickstart package.
would you please tell me, how i can add author / change the author user of the article to other author he exist in the users management in Joomla and explain it details

Attachments:

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #113301 by Tim McCully
Replied by Tim McCully on topic Re: JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 42
Just a comment to clarify what happened:
Sometimes the Joomla article Author ID gets messed up. Since I had only one article with this problem it was easily fixed from the K2 Item Edit by just using the Change button for the same author.

I suspect this is an author ID problem occuring in Joomla, that somehow isn't a problem until K2 imports an article. My case involved the J3.0.3 QuickStart home page (authored by Joomla?). I upgraded that to J3.1.1. Then as myself I modified the home page title and content. I assume the Author ID was then somehow not what K2 expects, but J3.1.1 didn't care. Then I installed K2 and imported categories and two articles into K2. Only the former J3.0.3 QuickStart home page had this problem. Another article I wrote from J3.1.1 imported without any K2 errors.

Fortunately the main content I have to convert will be completely rewritten from K2 (it isn't a lot and needed review anyway).

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #113302 by Mangalore Cafe
I got this error and I just hit a search in google and got to this link. before even trouble shooting it myself.
Then i just took a look and found out that its a regular problem in quickstart packages.

Generally quickstart packages will have a user who created the articles which we delete.

The most simple solution is to simply click on the "author" option in the backend of that particular article and then assign it to a current active user and your problem is solved

UPDATE: this does not remove the message from the frontend. I got this problem in the backend and that was solved by changing the author. I will try and solve the frontend part and then post my solutions here so it helps someone

More
9 years 10 months ago #113303 by Lefteris
@Mangalore Cafe

Or you can fix it using SQL:
UPDATE #__k2_items SET created_by = 60 WHERE created_by = 42
UPDATE #__k2_items SET modified_by = 60 WHERE modified_by = 42

Note that this is an example, i don't know if 60 is a valid user Id in your site.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
6 years 4 months ago #165863 by Bryan Mendoza
I was having this issue and ended up on this thread which helped me narrow down the issue, but before going to SQL I tried one last thing that worked through the joomla control panel.

I went and listed all K2 items, clicked the checkbox to select them all and clicked 'batch'. It allowed me to set an existing user as the author for all k2 items and got rid of the error/warning message on the front end.

Just thought I'd share in case it helps someone else.