Keyword

Link K2 item or article to an external url

More
10 years 5 months ago #121958 by CAG
Hi all,
I'm newbie and i just want to link my article to an external URL
I mean when i click on my item, i want a redirection to an external URL instead of showing a text

Thank you for help.
CAG

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #121959 by Yiota
You can achieve that by using an extrafield. The extra field will hold the external URL and it will replace the actual url of the item in your lists.
You will have to create a K2 template override in order to modify the category_item.php file. Read here getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates on how K2 overrides work if your template doesn't use them already.

• olsen
  • Elite Member
  • Joomla and K2 Freelancer
More
10 years 5 months ago #121960 by olsen
Hello,
I could help you achieve this if you need some help. Please contact me for further details.

Thank you

Didn't solve your issues?? Why dont you consider hire me? Email me or contact me www.xevedigital.com for details

More
9 years 11 months ago #121961 by Jose

krish kash wrote: You can achieve that by using an extrafield. The extra field will hold the external URL and it will replace the actual url of the item in your lists.
You will have to create a K2 template override in order to modify the category_item.php file. Read here getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates on how K2 overrides work if your template doesn't use them already.

can you share that template?

I really need to link k2 items to external urls

More
9 years 11 months ago #121962 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Link K2 item or article to an external url
@Jose

Hi. There is nothing to share. krish kash just gave you the way to do it. If you are not familiar with PHP then you probably need to hire a developer to do it for you.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)