Keyword

K2 has 2 sets of OG tags

• John Dunstan
  • John Dunstan's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago #125097 by John Dunstan
K2 has 2 sets of OG tags was created by John Dunstan
Hello,

I use Sh404sef, and I choose to show the social tags (Facebook OG tags). When this is enabled, when you go to a K2 item, there are 2 sets of OG tags, with slightly different info in each.

Does K2 add this data? I have disabled the Sh404sef social tags, and they all disappear excpet from the K2 Items, where the K2 items only show one set of OG tags...

Where are these coming from? Every site I have that runs K2 has the same issue. Here is an example page (just check the page source):

www.inspiremedia.com.au/blog/7-tips-for-repurposing-your-content

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
10 years 2 months ago #125098 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Re: K2 has 2 sets of OG tags
K2 automatically creates the OG tags, if you have more than one, maybe there is a plugin or template generating the tags. If you want to disable the K2 generated tags, you have to unfortunately do a hack.

K2 Rocks \m/

More
10 years 1 month ago #125099 by Joe Campbell
Replied by Joe Campbell on topic Re: K2 has 2 sets of OG tags
I found this most helpful (Thanks to codeboxr.com), this is the info on their website...

How to remove the default Open graph tags for K2 (Com_k2) component and avoid duplicate OG tag issue

K2 has its own OG tag which has limitation. In that case we recommend removing OG part of K2. Follow the link below to see which part to comment out (disable) from K2.

Go here
pastebin.com/iSKmKqbv

Or check this gist
gist.github.com/codeboxr/6171227

Please note that for Joomla 1.6 or Joomla 1.7 this extension will give wrong output if caching is enabled.

More
10 years 1 month ago #125100 by Tyrone Jones
Replied by Tyrone Jones on topic Re: K2 has 2 sets of OG tags
Thank your for this information. It is clearly written and the results are brilliant.

• John Dunstan
  • John Dunstan's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #125101 by John Dunstan
Replied by John Dunstan on topic Re: K2 has 2 sets of OG tags
Hello,

K2....While i appreciate you are trying to help user by adding the OG tags, unless you can give us control over a default image, or adding a default image per k2 item, this should never have been a default feature that has to be removed via a hack.

Many people use Sh404sef (K2, you even provide settins in parameters for sh404sef), knowing that sh404sef can add og tags, this honestly makes no sence. This creates way more issues than it solves.

mu suggestion:

1) remove the og tags from K2...there are plenty of solutions that let us joomla users add and CONTROL og tags for EVERY page on our site

2) make it a setting in parameters that we can disable k2 og tags or make it a plugin that we can disable.

Either way, this is definitely an issue, not a bug, but an issue.

I appreciate the post above showing how to 'hack' this!

More
10 years 1 month ago #125102 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: K2 has 2 sets of OG tags
@John Dunstan

Thanks for your feedback. Your suggestions will be transferred to the development team.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)