Keyword

[SOLVED] Category configuration not responding

• Antonio Jimenez Fuentes
  • Antonio Jimenez Fuentes's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #127342 by Antonio Jimenez Fuentes
[SOLVED] Category configuration not responding was created by Antonio Jimenez Fuentes
Hello everyone.
I have a strange problem with k2 category.
Use the template purity III and Joomla 3.2.3

After an upgrade of k2 were me two installations in two different versions, the fix by deleting the two and installing a new version of the latest 2.6.8

Import the data that had kept import export k2.

Since then the category ignoring me some options in the main and secondary list items.
The images are not displayed in the itemlist
No shows me the pagination of listings items
I have tried all the configuration options, cahe cleaned everything and I get nothing.

www.turismolaorotava.org/areas-municipales/areas-ayuntamiento/bienestar-social/itemlist/category/22-actualidad-bienestar-social

thank for help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #127343 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Category configuration not responding
Hi. Have you upgraded from Joomla! 1.5 to Joomla! 2.5/3.x? How you export the data? Have you used a third party extension? Please clarify what you did exactly so we can help you.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
10 years 1 month ago #127344 by Antonio Jimenez Fuentes
Replied by Antonio Jimenez Fuentes on topic Re: Category configuration not responding
Hi, I have not updated joomla, the only upgrade was the k2 prior to the current version 2.6.8.
I imported the items with the K2 Import component.

As extensions 3thd parts JA _ Extensions modules, to display the items.
Simple image gallery pro.
K2 Import
BT Content Slider

I hope you can help me, if you need anything else but you have to request it

More
10 years 1 month ago #127345 by Lefteris
Maybe something went wrong during the import process. Try to save again the category settings.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
10 years 1 month ago #127346 by Antonio Jimenez Fuentes
Replied by Antonio Jimenez Fuentes on topic Re: Category configuration not responding
Hi I tried to save the category several times, not only one but all. the problem happens to me in all categories.

Changes will not let me do in the configuration categories.

- Design Element in Category
- Grid Layout not let me configure anything

- Other methods of design, pagination not shown

- Item view options in category listings
- Show image

The other parameters of the category if I can change them and take effect

More
10 years 1 month ago #127347 by Lefteris
Are you editing settings in the correct place? If you have a menu link to more than one categories then the settings can be found at the menu link edit page. For menu links to just one category the settings can be found at the category edit page.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #127348 by Antonio Jimenez Fuentes
Yes, I've checked all kinds of settings in the menu linking to the category in the parameters of the category itself but seems to ignore.

I've been eyeing the database, this configuration is correct in the params field?. the part that indicates the template is empty and in "".

{"inheritFrom":"0","theme":"","num_leading_items":"1","num_leading_columns":"1","leadingImgSize":"Medium","num_primary_items":"4","num_primary_columns":"1","primaryImgSize":"Medium","num_secondary_items":"4","num_secondary_columns":"1","secondaryImgSize":"Small","num_links":"4","num_links_columns":"1","linksImgSize":"none","catCatalogMode":"1","catFeaturedItems":"1","catOrdering":"rdate","catPagination":"1","catPaginationResults":"1","catTitle":"1","catTitleItemCounter":"1","catDescription":"1","catImage":"1","catFeedLink":"1","catFeedIcon":"1","subCategories":"1","subCatColumns":"2","subCatOrdering":"order","subCatTitle":"1","subCatTitleItemCounter":"1","subCatDescription":"1","subCatImage":"1","itemImageXS":"","itemImageS":"","itemImageM":"","itemImageL":"","itemImageXL":"","catItemTitle":"1","catItemTitleLinked":"1","catItemFeaturedNotice":"0","catItemAuthor":"0","catItemDateCreated":"1","catItemRating":"0","catItemImage":"1","catItemIntroText":"1","catItemIntroTextWordLimit":"","catItemExtraFields":"0","catItemHits":"0","catItemCategory":"1","catItemTags":"1","catItemAttachments":"0","catItemAttachmentsCounter":"0","catItemVideo":"0","catItemVideoWidth":"","catItemVideoHeight":"","catItemAudioWidth":"","catItemAudioHeight":"","catItemVideoAutoPlay":"0","catItemImageGallery":"0","catItemDateModified":"0","catItemReadMore":"0","catItemCommentsAnchor":"1","catItemK2Plugins":"1","itemDateCreated":"1","itemTitle":"1","itemFeaturedNotice":"1","itemAuthor":"0","itemFontResizer":"1","itemPrintButton":"1","itemEmailButton":"1","itemSocialButton":"1","itemVideoAnchor":"1","itemImageGalleryAnchor":"1","itemCommentsAnchor":"1","itemRating":"1","itemImage":"1","itemImgSize":"Medium","itemImageMainCaption":"1","itemImageMainCredits":"1","itemIntroText":"1","itemFullText":"1","itemExtraFields":"1","itemDateModified":"1","itemHits":"1","itemCategory":"1","itemTags":"1","itemAttachments":"1","itemAttachmentsCounter":"1","itemVideo":"1","itemVideoWidth":"","itemVideoHeight":"","itemAudioWidth":"","itemAudioHeight":"","itemVideoAutoPlay":"0","itemVideoCaption":"1","itemVideoCredits":"1","itemImageGallery":"1","itemNavigation":"1","itemComments":"1","itemTwitterButton":"1","itemFacebookButton":"1","itemGooglePlusOneButton":"1","itemAuthorBlock":"0","itemAuthorImage":"0","itemAuthorDescription":"0","itemAuthorURL":"0","itemAuthorEmail":"0","itemAuthorLatest":"0","itemAuthorLatestLimit":"5","itemRelated":"0","itemRelatedLimit":"5","itemRelatedTitle":"0","itemRelatedCategory":"1","itemRelatedImageSize":"XSmall","itemRelatedIntrotext":"0","itemRelatedFulltext":"0","itemRelatedAuthor":"0","itemRelatedMedia":"0","itemRelatedImageGallery":"0","itemK2Plugins":"1","catMetaDesc":"","catMetaKey":"","catMetaRobots":"","catMetaAuthor":""}

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #127349 by Lefteris
As i told you, depending on context the params might be inherited from the menu link. So looking at the database table of categories is pointless. You also need to check the params of the menu link. Finally try to install K2 again ( without uninstalling first ).

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #127350 by Antonio Jimenez Fuentes
Hi, I have tried to reinstall K2, but nothing changes.
I have a copy of the website on another server, I have tried to uninstall and reinstall K2 but there is no effect.
If I realize that the list of items in the category, shown right, with images and paging, if you give the link of the user items.

No more than I can do, I appreciate help.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #127351 by Lefteris
So to clarify some things, are the settings saved when you edit them? I mean if you edit the settings of a category through administration, are they saved when you edit the category again? If yes, then it might be your template that ignores the settings. Do you have any template overrides for K2?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---