Keyword

How to style a specific extra field?

• Leonard
  • Leonard's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #130696 by Leonard
How to style a specific extra field? was created by Leonard
Hi,

I am going to start by bringing to your attention the fact that I am not very confident in building a web site. However, I am trying my best in order to achieve what I want :) .
At this point I am stacked in customising a specific extra field.
My intention is to create a similar look with the one you can find at www.reed.co.uk/jobs
If you’ll have a look to the following page on my web site www.chesteradvisor.co.uk/index.php/component/jak2filter/?Itemid=949&jakeyword=&btnSubmit=SEARCH, you will see listed 2 jobs. I want to do some tests in the first one: Finance Ledger Manager. I am interested to display the extra fields on the top of the listing and another extra field containing the logo of the company on the right of them.
How can I style a specific extra field (the one with logo) in order to be displayed on the right of the other extra fields?
Second, how can I display the all extra field on the top of the article not in the bottom, in the exact way are displayed on the reeds website?
I have also prepared on Photoshop an image of haw I want them to look, in order to get even a clearer picture of what I want to achieve, but for some reason, I cannot uploaded it. I will try again latter.

Thank you very much for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #130697 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: How to style a specific extra field?
Hi. Both your question require some basic CSS/HTML/PHP knowledge. There is no automatic way to achieve what you need. For example to make an element float on the right you can use the CSS float rule developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/float . Regarding your second question you might need to read first getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates . Then you will be able to move the extra fields at the top of the layout by just moving some code inside the file.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.